GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Surf Boards? WTF?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AzDon

AzDon

Surf Boards? WTF? Empty
PostSubject: Surf Boards? WTF?   Surf Boards? WTF? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Is anybody else getting sick of seeing surfboards on top of wagons hundreds of miles from the ocean?......I get that surfers have loved the convenience of station wagons.... Yes, they are practical vehicles to strap a surfboard (or two) IF YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY OUT TO GO SURFING!
The guys I'm talking about aren't dressed to go surfing, are 300 miles from the ocean and have been driving around displaying their surfboards FOR MONTHS! The local Ford dealer actually has a Flex courtesy shuttle with surfboards on top.....
Is this like hunters displaying a rack of antlers on their hood?
PLEASE STOP!!
If you aren't on your way to the beach, PUT THE SURFBOARD AWAY!!
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
lakeffect

lakeffect

Surf Boards? WTF? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surf Boards? WTF?   Surf Boards? WTF? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 10:38 pm

Same is true of you guys that drive around with one sheet of drywall in the back for the last month.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Surf Boards? WTF? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surf Boards? WTF?   Surf Boards? WTF? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 9:57 am

I will take the surf boards over those little creepy kid mannequins you see at a lot of car shows. I just want to punt those things. Evil or Very Mad Surf Boards? WTF? Miami-florida-flagler-street-classic-car-show-midget-mechanic-mannequin-AFGMPB
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Surf Boards? WTF? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surf Boards? WTF?   Surf Boards? WTF? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 6:21 pm

As a die hard surfer I couldn't agree more. What's more is I bought the wagon so I can but my 9'6" longboard INSIDE. Not on the roof inside where it's safe from theft (they do cost close to a grand new). Only time on the roof is when more than 3 people in the car as 3 board max inside with 3 peeps before it gets too crowded.

Also prefer the Chevy roof rrack for the longboards as the Buick/Olds rack is too short for one....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Surf Boards? WTF? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surf Boards? WTF?   Surf Boards? WTF? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 6:22 pm

oh yeah and I hate those creepy kids too.

and leaving a board out in the sun is one of the worst things you can do to it.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Surf Boards? WTF? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surf Boards? WTF?   Surf Boards? WTF? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 9:01 pm

I remember a guy who showed up to one of the Wagonfests with a surfboard on top. Nice car.
Back to top Go down
El Tee Juan

El Tee Juan

Surf Boards? WTF? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surf Boards? WTF?   Surf Boards? WTF? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 3:15 am

I agree that if you care about your board, you're not going to leave it strapped to the roof indefinitely. But, you can surf even when you're more than 300 miles from the ocean. http://www.sandhillcity.com/glsa.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Surf Boards? WTF? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surf Boards? WTF?   Surf Boards? WTF? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surf Boards? WTF?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: