GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is a lowrider wagon possible?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRoadmasterKing

Is a lowrider wagon possible? Empty
PostSubject: Is a lowrider wagon possible?   Is a lowrider wagon possible? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Asking this for my friend who is a wagon nut like me but he doesn't have a Longroof account.

"Is it possible to make a "lowrider" wagon with some 2" lowering springs, lowering shocks from StreetTrends, and 13" Dayton wheels? Thank you."

Essentially he is wanting to know, will doing this make the suspension weak and ruin the vehicle's ride?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Is a lowrider wagon possible?   Is a lowrider wagon possible? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Highly unlikely the 13" wheels will clear the discs and drums. Along with the fact that it would look like sh!t.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Is a lowrider wagon possible?   Is a lowrider wagon possible? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 9:51 pm

I have seen one that was done like that, and it will make it look funky. The tires for the 13 inch wheels may not have the load carrying capacity needed for the car. I would also worry about the shock end hitting the ground before the wheel in case of a flat, because a two inch drop spindle will allow the shock end to hit the ground before the rim with a 15 inch wheel. As above, the front wheels may not fit over the brakes, but you could put spacers behind them. The rears should fit, because the drums are only about 12 inches in diameter. I would worry about the load carrying capacity and interference of the shock ends before anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is a lowrider wagon possible?   Is a lowrider wagon possible? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is a lowrider wagon possible?
Page 1 of 1