GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

94 roadmaster dies at stop sign

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FarSlayer

94 roadmaster dies at stop sign Empty
PostSubject: 94 roadmaster dies at stop sign   94 roadmaster dies at stop sign Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Went for a drive in my 94 buick roadmaster, about 3 or 4 minutes down the road at a stop sign the car dies and will not start. After much swearing and looking, find that I have a code for TPS fault. End up towing car home, pull off TPS seems a little worn so replace. Still not starting. Start rechecking all fuses and find 25 amp elect and 20 amp fuse for A.I.R. pump blown. Replace both 25 amp blows again about 2 seconds after I turn key for power but not actually starting car (fuses in engine bay). Maybe 10 seconds after the 25 amp blows the 20 A.I.R fuses blow again. I believe the compressor for the auto leveling is seized. If I unplug the compressor the 20 A.I.R fuse does not blow but to date the car will not start. Turns over, there is spark and fuel at cylinders, I can hear the relay and fuel pump engage. My question ..Is there a reason why the car will not start if the A.I.R pump and auto leveling compressor are unplugged? As I understand both these systems are somewhat common systems that are deleted.
Up to the car dying at stop sign it was running great. There are no faults now. Anybody got any ideas of next move? Thanks in advance.

Lee
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 94 roadmaster dies at stop sign   94 roadmaster dies at stop sign Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 8:49 pm

Check your fuel pressure regulator. Since your 25 A fuse blows when you turn the key on, look for another short in the system when you turn the key on. I do not know what the 25 A fuse goes to.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: 94 roadmaster dies at stop sign   94 roadmaster dies at stop sign Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 2:28 pm

The TPS is nearly impossible to remove and replace. A new one is locked in an install position and unlocked when you open the throttle. If you take out out, it unwinds and you can't get it back on in a usable position.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: 94 roadmaster dies at stop sign   94 roadmaster dies at stop sign Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 3:56 pm

lamune wrote:
If you take out out, it unwinds and you can't get it back on in a usable position.
One-time use design.. wow
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: 94 roadmaster dies at stop sign   94 roadmaster dies at stop sign Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 5:45 pm

It's by design. There can't be any slop between "fully closed" and "just barely open".

I had a thought though: If you twisted the shaft with a screwdriver and held it with a drop of super glue, it might be possible to get it back on.

Anyway, to FarSlayer - which 20A fuse is the one that's blowing? I can check the wiring diagram. I have the 95 book but 94 is pretty much the same.

The ALC fuse has nothing to do with anything else in the car. Mine came with the fuse removed, and it had been gone for years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 94 roadmaster dies at stop sign   94 roadmaster dies at stop sign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

94 roadmaster dies at stop sign
Page 1 of 1