HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

First introduction, reluctant circumstances....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Funkwagon455

PostSubject: First introduction, reluctant circumstances....   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:29 am

Hello all, I have been a GM wagon owner since my first at 21 years. I acquired my second (a 1970 Olds Cutlass Cruiser with 455) in '99 currently finishing a rotisserie restoration. My third was my current daily driver for the last thirteen years, a '92 Olds Custom Cruiser in dark blue with blue leather that started with 50,000 miles. The car currently has about 277,000 miles on the original Amsoil fed 5.7 and transmission. Following the holiday I went to drive to work on Monday and was hit hard in the right rear quarter by a vehicle entering from an on ramp. The vehicle spun around and slid sideways on the wet road until it hit a concrete guard rail in the front.... Thankfully, although I am bruised, the car took the majority of the damage. The frame rails are bent, and the quarter is pushed in hard enough to distort the window frame. Emotionally I have been very upset because it was a great car, and will miss it very much. I will be on the search for another low mileage Buick or Olds B body wagon when the insurance paperwork settles. Thanks for having me and I look forward to sharing and hearing other wagon owner's experiences.

Back to top Go down
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: First introduction, reluctant circumstances....   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:32 am

Ouch! Count yourself lucky that you weren't in a Fiat "Squish". As much as it hurts to lose a car like that one, it's just stuff in the end, and it can be replaced. No so with a life. Don't jump too fast at the first offer from the insurance companies, and refer them to the selling prices for these cars on eBay lately if they try to lowball you.

Welcome now to the ranks of organ donors for these wagons. Your ride may yet live on as dispersed bits and pieces among the already circling buzzards here!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: First introduction, reluctant circumstances....   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:26 pm

Welcome. Many OCC owners here,sorry to see yours "retired." Happy hunting for the new ride.
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: First introduction, reluctant circumstances....   Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:44 pm

These pictures are hard to see my '92 is the same color combination. I love the '50s Rocket 88 emblem, Welcome!
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: First introduction, reluctant circumstances....   Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:34 pm

Ouch...that sad and sickening.... The Cruisers are still out there, and it would be cool, if you find another one, to save that as a parts car, so pieces could live on with you.

Good Luck!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First introduction, reluctant circumstances....   

Back to top Go down

First introduction, reluctant circumstances....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1