HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
atlantadan

PostSubject: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:36 pm

Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:19 pm

That is GORGEOUS! Love that hood!!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Always loved this car.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Is that Robs old car?
Back to top Go down
atlantadan

PostSubject: Re: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Thanks all.

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Is that Robs old car?
Yessir. Down the road a bit and somewhat improved from when I got it. I've got another engine coming in a few weeks from Karl Ellwein. (That's the second ERE engine in 7 months.) The first one (the one that's in there now) has short skirt 2618 alloy pistons and they're noisy as all get out. Karl said he should have warned me and he's sending me a replacement short-block for $0 with different alloy pistons. After that is the installation of the gearset in the garage, and then a respray. There's a bit of rust thats showing at the top of the windshield and I want to get on that before it gets to be a bigger problem.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:39 pm

I had the opportunity to drive it some years ago. Do date it was one of the nicest driving cars I have ever driven. He put it together well. Love the interior!!! I was tempted to buy it when he was selling her.
Back to top Go down
atlantadan

PostSubject: Re: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:20 pm

He created an incredible starting point, that's for sure. I just wish the owner between Rob & I had taken better care of it. When I got the car, it was in pretty bad nick. Mechanically, its changed quite a bit since you drove it. ("quite a bit" = everything)
Wink

...and there's more to do!
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:10 pm

Still looks good.

Wish I had the time and money to finish what I wanted to but it looks like it is being handled properly.
Back to top Go down
1tireman

PostSubject: Re: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:04 pm

That's a very sharp wagon! Looks great!
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:57 pm

I really like the Impala SS-style rub strip on the doors. Classy and functional. Looks factory!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive   

Back to top Go down

Good day for a wash, wax, and a drive
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1