GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Poll for hotel venue change.

Go down 
+3
Krzdimond
wagondude29
Sprocket
7 posters

Hotel location preference given the same price
Same Place
Poll for hotel venue change. Vote_lcap88%Poll for hotel venue change. Vote_rcap
 88% [ 7 ]
Beach front
Poll for hotel venue change. Vote_lcap12%Poll for hotel venue change. Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Poll for hotel venue change. Empty
PostSubject: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 4:19 pm

In process of evaluating alternate sites as the Best Western will by $90 a night this year.
Still waiting for other replies but got one from this place on the beach, also for $90 a night, but it IS on the beach and about 10-15 min from the track vs. 5 min.

http://roombahotel.com/
Back to top Go down
wagondude29

wagondude29

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 5:09 pm

If its on the beach even at a cheaper price ill pass.cars are not safe left over night.best western is much more convenient to the track plus they have a good breakfast.
Back to top Go down
http://sofasst.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 6:06 pm

We have also had good results at a hotel 5 minutes up 95.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 9:51 pm

The Best Western is pretty hard to beat, gotta love that patio area. They did get greedy though.

The hotel we were at the first year was good also, although we were on pavement for the cookout area and if it rained we would have been up a creek.

My vote is the Best Western. Maybe you could talk to the general manager or sales manager if you didn't get past the desk person, to give us a $$$ break.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Tom, I was on the phone with the sales manager for the better part of an hour trying to negotiate a better price. Problem is, last year was supposed to cost us more ($79 a night), but she cut us a break and charged the previous year's $69. This year, the "Church group" that shares the weekend with us blocked off more rooms than normal (as did I this year) and that limited the availability..... and increased cost.

This morning they had 55 rooms available. now they have 35.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks Robert.

Still I'd vote for the Best Western, as they put up with the show and the baggage that we bring. But whatever we decide, it will work.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 10:49 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
The Best Western is pretty hard to beat, gotta love that patio area.  They did get greedy though.  

The hotel we were at the first year was good also, although we were on pavement for the cookout area and if it rained we would have been up a creek.

My vote is the Best Western.  Maybe you could talk to the general manager or sales manager if you didn't get past the desk person, to give us a $$$ break.

Tom
Everything Tom said-and if it rains we have cover. It's a few more bucks, but they have a nice breakfast, and that alone saves $5 or so per person per morning.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Tom, are you bringing a wagon, or the Fleetwood this year? I'd love to see your blue wagon again!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 7:46 am

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
Tom, are you bringing a wagon, or the Fleetwood this year? I'd love to see your blue wagon again!

Sorry, Lincoln Aviator as that is my DD down south, wagons are tucked away for the winter. I would like to bring the Caddy to Pat's meet in the beginning of June.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Pending Robert's results, we will most likely suck it up and stay at the BW.  See Robert's comment above, they did give us a break last year and it's stupid convenient to the track and the Ale House.  Best I could find was the same price (actually $1 less) at the beach place I mentioned.  Most were 100 plus per night that replied for the group.

Honestly though, I would have liked the beach, especially for those bringing a SO or their kids, but hey I live near the beach unlike alot of those coming and thought it'd be nice, but no one seems to care so majority rules....

Will get the contact info for the hotel up in the next 48 hours.

Last edited by Sprocket on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 8:19 pm

I like the BW. The cover for our cookout is a big plus. The best price online is $98, so they are giving us a discount, even if it is only $8. The convenience of being right next to the track is the biggest plus, especially if there are newbies. The logistics of getting to the track as a group by meeting close by, and not having to go through 10 stoplights beats almost any other discount.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Honestly I was hoping for the days inn down the street we used the one year or the La Quinta (which I liked even more than the BW), but they were 130 night and the La Quinta no availability.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Best Western phone number is (386) 258-6333.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 8:31 pm

I will post up a new thread for the Hotel later tonight. Will need to disseminate over different platforms. Please be patient.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 8:36 am

I just registered at the BW, and the price they gave me is $89 plus tax.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:27 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I just registered at the BW, and the price they gave me is $89 plus tax.

Do you have to mention you're in the wagon group for the rate?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:47 am

Yes, in order to get the promotional rate you need to mention the WagonFest. Otherwise it will be $109 plus tax.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll for hotel venue change.   Poll for hotel venue change. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll for hotel venue change.
Page 1 of 1