GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to the forum

Go down 
+5
Dropkick_Eddie
Andebe
rhino
Big o
threetimes
9 posters
AuthorMessage
threetimes

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 7:28 pm

After a five year spell of not owning a wagon, I just purchased a 96 Buick Roadmaster. Glad to have found this place and will be doing a lot of reading/research here. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Big o

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 7:31 pm

Im new to the forum i have a 96 ss impala 63k on it and i also have a 96 rmw.im also looking for info for wagon fest 2017 and info on hotel
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 10:33 am

Welcome to both of you guys. Wagonfest info is listed with its own tab/link on the forum. Spending some time reading the archives will pay dividends towards future modding/improvements.
Back to top Go down
threetimes

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 9:50 pm

rhino wrote:
Welcome.

Hi Rhino, looks like we are pretty close. I am in Fond du Lac
Back to top Go down
threetimes

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 9:51 pm

Andebe wrote:
Welcome to both of you guys. Wagonfest info is listed with its own tab/link on the forum. Spending some time reading the archives will pay dividends towards future modding/improvements.

Thanks, and yes, I have been doing a lot of reading and research. Great place to be!
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 7:36 pm

threetimes wrote:
rhino wrote:
Welcome.

Hi Rhino, looks like we are pretty close. I am in Fond du Lac
There seems to be quite a few members on from Wis.   Midwest Wagonfest Question
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Welcome fellow wisconsonite! Smile   Yes a midwest Wagonfest would be awesome! Sign me up! bounce
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Dropkick_Eddie wrote:
Welcome fellow wisconsonite! Smile   Yes a midwest Wagonfest would be awesome! Sign me up! bounce
Not to take anything away from the Wagonfest in July but I think a Midwest Wagonfest is very possible. Not to late to plan one.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:25 am

rhino wrote:

Not to take anything away from the Wagonfest in July but I think a Midwest Wagonfest is very possible.  Not to late to plan one.

Pick up the ball and run with it!
If you are considering doing one think about theses few things.

1. Wrap the gathering around a secondary activity (like WF Florida is held at the Spring Turkey Run car show in Daytona). It adds draw to the gathering. Car museums or other auto activities also work....also nearby distractions for significant others and kids are good too.

2. Keep it simple. Keep your costs down and work load light. This means it's more fun for everyone. Even the simple gatherings take effort! WF FL we all stay at the same hotel for the most part and have a BBQ after the show. Others have gone to a restaurant, etc.

3. Pick a time/location that is easy to get to in order to maximize attendance. Since the FL version is tied to the Spring show, last year it was on Easter weekend. Attendance was at an all time low (less than half of normal turn out).

Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Thanks for the tips Sprocket. I have been thinking about it more and more.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Hello. New to the group also. Have already learned a lot
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 9:34 am

Hey fellas, I just posted in the "local shows" section about getting a wagon group together at Symco, Wisconsin in a month.  
We'll have at least 4, if not 5 GM wagons there in our group- It's always a great time there!  Very Nostalgic feeling! Check it out, there are links in the post!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 11:04 am

Dropkick_Eddie wrote:
Hey fellas, I just posted in the "local shows" section about getting a wagon group together at Symco, Wisconsin in a month.  
We'll have at least 4, if not 5 GM wagons there in our group- It's always a great time there!  Very Nostalgic feeling! Check it out, there are links in the post!

Hey Eddie, if you aren't a member on the B-body Wagon Mafia Facebook group, that would be a good place to advertise your get together there too.

Since FB took off all the old forums are pretty dead or very depleted now. I know I used to come here 3x a day, but now it's like once every 3 days.....

there is also a 91-96 roadmaster group, as well as Caprice and wagon groups too. searching B-body in FB will yield a whole bunch for you. If you want a good turn out, you have to pimp your ass off in every avenue possible. That's what I do for WF FL. Smile And make sure the sedan folks know they are welcome too (unless you want to be elitist as we all KNOW wagons are BETTER afro
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Greetings for Texas and Welcome to the Forum. Lots of good folks and great info here!

New to the forum Roadma10
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Ah cool, thanks for the info Sprocket! See you on the FB! Wink
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 12:18 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Sponsored content

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the forum
Page 1 of 1