GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't gas yourself

Go down 
+2
Fred Kiehl
lamune
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lamune

lamune

Don't gas yourself Empty
PostSubject: Don't gas yourself   Don't gas yourself Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 1:00 am

So my washer fluid pump died. I figured since I was working on it, may was well remove the bottle and clean all the crap out of it, since it was rather nasty inside.

I tried a few various cleaners, and nothing really had any effect (I even put in some aquarium gravel and shook it up as an abrasive, that didn't do much either)

The last thing I tried was that Royal Purple stuff. It's like Simple Green but less simple and more purple. Didn't do anything either. Dumped it out and looked on the shelf for something else to try. And there it was, a small bag of pool shock. Hey let's try that, why not?

Poured some in and started filling the bottle with hot water, and then I saw the foaming. And the smell. Uh-oh, I know what that is. So I backed away, turned on the exhaust fan and finished the fill as carefully as I could. Then I left it to bubble for a while.

So the bad news is, I could have hurt myself with chlorine gas. The good news though, that bottle is spotlessly clean on the inside now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Don't gas yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't gas yourself   Don't gas yourself Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 8:01 am

The issue is never mix anything with a chlorine product. Most detergents will react with it and release the chlorine gas. And yes, it can kill you quickly.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

Don't gas yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't gas yourself   Don't gas yourself Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Anything acidic could do it, even when it's all-natural biodegradable, enzymatic etc.

So be careful out there Smile
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Don't gas yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't gas yourself   Don't gas yourself Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:09 am

The risks we take for these rides. Shocked scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Don't gas yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't gas yourself   Don't gas yourself Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:24 am

That was more of a brain fart than a risk.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

Don't gas yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't gas yourself   Don't gas yourself Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:42 am

It reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill when Peggy made mustard gas
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

Don't gas yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't gas yourself   Don't gas yourself Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:58 am

yea uhhh don't think I would try to kill myself over a washer bottle...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Don't gas yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't gas yourself   Don't gas yourself Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:51 pm

MalibuSSwagon wrote:
yea uhhh don't think I would try to kill myself over a washer bottle...

for that hollywood dry ice effect just mix chlorine bleach and muriatic,,.. it cleans just about everything too,..
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

Don't gas yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't gas yourself   Don't gas yourself Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:28 am

phantom 309 wrote:

for that hollywood dry ice effect just mix chlorine bleach and  muriatic,,.. it cleans just about everything too,..

Kids, don't try this at home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Don't gas yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't gas yourself   Don't gas yourself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't gas yourself
Page 1 of 1