HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

would the real rear washer pump please stand up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lamune

PostSubject: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:59 am

I had my front washer pump die, so I decided to replace both front and rear pumps at the same time.

I got one of each, supposedly. Both ACDelco branded and made of Chineseium, and despite the two having different part numbers and saying they're for different parts of the same car, the two pumps are identical (matching the front)

The original rear one has a different shaped power connector and the outlet faces a different direction.

Is this a case of a discontinued part being replaced, and you're expected to change the plug to make it work? (it would fit and function just fine, if you replaced the original wiring connector.

I ended up putting the original pump back in with a new rubber grommet. The rear one doesn't get much use anyway.

Back to top Go down
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 am

When I go to the local pick and pull, I just yank the pumps and grommets from whatever B-bodys are in the yard with the hood up. They make nice party favors at Wagonfest, and the yard only charges $1 per pump. I went through the same process as you with new AC-Delco (Chinese) parts, and ended up taking them back and just keeping a few spare pumps from wrecks on hand.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:20 pm

I pull all of the wagon rear pumps I can afford to buy. The front pump will work if you change the connector. They put two different connectors on them, so that morons (including factory assemblers) would not hook them up to the wrong pump.
Back to top Go down
lamune

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Thanks, that does seem to imply the part is no longer available. If someone has access to the GM parts catalog, what was the part number of the original?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:29 pm

You might try calling your local GM dealer. They may be able to get the part number for you. Since it is not available, it seems futile to chase after the number.
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:52 pm

lamune wrote:
Thanks, that does seem to imply the part is no longer available. If someone has access to the GM parts catalog, what was the part number of the original?

22071428 Front & 22111435 Rear

22111435 cross referenced to the following GM Part numbers:

10386728, 15254824, 22048176, 22054177

Some of the above can be viewed on eBay and a couple look to have the proper connector.

- J

Back to top Go down
lamune

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:27 am

Thanks Jay, the intent was to set up an ebay alert but looks like there's already some there. I'll send the other one back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   

Back to top Go down

would the real rear washer pump please stand up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1