HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Auto locks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
94Woody

PostSubject: Auto locks?   Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:36 am

The doors on my 95 Caprice lock automatically when the car is started. Very easy to lock keys in a running car because of this.

Is the factory? If so how do I disable the stupid feature?

If not, what in the world is going on?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:30 pm

Quick look through the owners manual proved what I already knew. Since it wasn't a factory option someone has installed something. So, when I got home from work I decided to take a look under the dash. Was greeted with a mess of wires and a big black box.......

It's marked GM so must have been dealer installed. I'm guessing its a keyless entry of some kind. When I bought the car it didn't come with any fobs and the kid told me to be careful not to close the door with the car running. Only a few of the wires were actually hooked up. By hooked up I mean a hack job of wires stabbed through wires and covered with tape.
Back to top Go down
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:37 am

It looks like you have excised the demon system. I don't know what they charge in FL, but the local shops here charge about $90 to install a keyless entry system that includes 2 fobs on any 1990s GM wagon. They guarantee their work, and it takes less than 1 hr. It might be worth it to take it to a shop and pay the money to make that problem go away. One you've installed a few hundred of these, it goes pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:58 am

No need to pay money to make the problem go away. That picture is from after I pulled that mickey mouse BS out of my wiring and before I tossed it into the garbage can. Cleaned up the wiring mess and the issue is gone.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:27 am

Looks like something that Ebay peeps would like. scratch
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 am

My 94 Caprice wagon, had the same rinky dinky setup. When I bought it, it didn't have any FOB's, so it was useless. I ripped it out and cleaned up the mess.

Tom
Back to top Go down
94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:34 pm

I was checking the Transmission fluid level and the door closed just enough to latch. I have an unlock kit but was having issues. Was about to smash a window when I decided to pull the battery cable since the hood was up. Engine died and the doors unlocked.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:31 am

Once I finally get a wagon of my own I'm going to put either a Viper or CompuStar system in it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   

Back to top Go down

Auto locks?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1