GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread

Go down 
+3
silverfox103
94Woody
Sprocket
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Empty
PostSubject: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Post up your travel info, arrival, planned Shenanigans here.....Steaks are ordered, Sausages tomorrow, etc.

I am hoping to be up there by check in time on Friday (3PM). Normally, I shoot for noon, but with all the prep on the car, I may get a later start on Friday...
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Daughter has a choir performance on Friday night, so I will see you all Sat morning in the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 1:10 pm

We will be arriving mid to late afternoon on Friday.

Just came back from shopping.  We picked up silverware, cups, napkins and plates.  Diane will make a 3 bean salad.

Tom

Last edited by silverfox103 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 2:16 pm

I should be there Saturday.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 5:42 pm

silverfox103 wrote:

Just came back from shopping.  We picked up silverware, cups, napkins and plates.  Diane will make a 3 bean salad.

Tom

silverware? Very snooty,.

well if it was a 4 bean salad,. i'd come and have some,..
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 5:43 pm

I can't even name 4 beans.

Pinto, black beans, green beans.... mexican jumping beans?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Lima, Great Northern, Kidney, Black Eyed Peas, Chickpeas, Navy.....

My favorite is Baked Beans.....now I'm hungry.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 7:35 pm

[quote="phantom 309"]
silverfox103 wrote:

Tom

silverware?  Very snooty,.

Plastic silverware in economy pack

phantom 309 wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:
Diane will make a 3 bean salad.

Tom

well if it was a 4 bean salad,. i'd come and have some,..

That's why it's 3 bean salad! Very Happy  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 12:29 am

i pulled the caddy out of storage,.........
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 am

phantom 309 wrote:

OK, we'll find the forth bean.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 9:44 am

phantom 309 wrote:

If you show up, I'll buy your dinner Saturday night. (you can crash in my room too, but I only got one bed so a sleepy bag for you).
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 9:57 am

Sprocket wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:

If you show up, I'll buy your dinner Saturday night. (you can crash in my room too, but I only got one bed so a sleepy bag for you).

What happens in Daytona, stays in Daytona. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 10:24 am

Killing me,Tom... lol!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 11:23 pm

I made it to adel ga,i need a nap
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 am

phantom 309 wrote:
I made it to adel ga,i need a nap

Do you expect us to believe that you traveled from the tundra of Canada and make it to almost the FL border in one day?  Ya right.   Oh oh, this is Nick.  How come you didn't make it all the way to Daytona.  It's only a stones throw from where you are.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:27 am

Shooting for 3PM. Called out the reinforcements last night (Mark Roady), and we wrenched hard on the car until 1:30 AM. So damn close to done, but as I feared we hit issues. Rear brake lines we bought don't want to go into the distrobution block at top of diff, alternator has internal short and started smoking when battery was connected (easy fix- replace), Fuel delivery issue. Full pressure to the rail, no delivery. Runs on ether into the butterflies..... Windshield guy flaked and never showed.

Siiiiiiigh, maybe a new award category for Ray, Tom and I: forgot to bring my wagon....
Nick, if you are coming and need a registration to drive in, I now have mine available....
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 10:08 pm

Original plan was leaving at 4am to get there by 8, but I've decided, that would be no fun and therefore I'll be sleeping all the way til 7. I should be at the show in the late morning if all goes well. Bringing the dog so we'll be staying at the La Quinta across the way from the best western. \

Next year I'll get going a day early!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 10:52 pm

The LaQuinta is pretty good. I liked that hotel a lot, but the BW has better accommodations for the BBQ festivities that are kind of a cornerstone of WF Florida. Smile

See you tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread   WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WF Florida - Travel, Arrival, and Happenings thread
Page 1 of 1