GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads Empty
PostSubject: Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads   Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Yarding fun this weekend, I grabbed three accelerator pedals and two brake pedal pads.  The pedals were from Buicks and Oldsmobiles, but their brake pedal pads were bad, so I grabbed Cadillac brake pads, which don't show the wear, and fit just fine, but look a bit older/more ornate.   See pic below, the brake pads are above the accelerator pads.

I will OF COURSE clean these all up, and all have been claimed already, but glad to nab these when I see them if others want to do this mod.   SUPER simple, the accelerator is held in with three 10mm bolts, and the brake pad just prys off.  

Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads 18157835_10212841043531578_3305733829418158694_n

Will be bringing these on my New England trip in two weeks.  Will be fun to pack these.  I'll check the bag I put them in at the airport, but I bet the bag will get searched if they scan it!  Ha!

-Texas Mike

Oh here is a not-great pic of what these look like in my '96.  I have the Buick/Olds brake pad on mine...again could not find any non-worn ones this past weekend.   The gas pedal in my car is the same style as the middle one in the pic above.  

Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads 18193923_10212841384460101_3783718233997810150_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads   Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Looks sharp!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads   Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:41 pm

The gas pedal is held to the arm by a push nut. If you pry it off, the pedal will slide off of the arm. The spring goes around the arm to keep the pedal from flopping around. You do not have to mess with the 3 screws, or the cable attachment. If you are careful, you can reuse the push nut.

I have the same brake pedal in my 91 as you have in your RM
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads   Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:29 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
The gas pedal is held to the arm by a push nut. If you pry it off, the pedal will slide off of the arm. The spring goes around the arm to keep the pedal from flopping around. You do not have to mess with the 3 screws, or the cable attachment. If you are careful, you can reuse the push nut.

I just unbolt the three 10mm bolts and pop off the actual throttle cable. Can remove in about 2-mins, and install just as fast. Wink

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads   Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:01 am

81X11 wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

I just unbolt the three 10mm bolts and pop off the actual throttle cable.   Can remove in about 2-mins, and install just as fast.   Wink

-Mike
There is a bolt that holds a connector to the ones on the 91-93 cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads   Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal-Trimmed Pedal Pads
Page 1 of 1