GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keyless Remote Lost Range

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bocoogto

Keyless Remote Lost Range Empty
PostSubject: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 10:13 pm

Suddenly, both my keyless fobs will only operate if held next to the rear driver's side wing window. I took the inner panel off (the one with the secret compartment) off and could not find the programming plug nor could I ID which wire is the antenna.

After I disturbed the wires, remote operated normally. After about three days, range was again very short. Wiggling the wires does not change anything.

Any ideas what I can do to troubleshoot/fix?
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 5:38 am

How old are the Keyfob batteries?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 8:38 am

Try cleaning the pins on the connectors for the receiver.
Back to top Go down
bocoogto

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:04 pm

I cleaned the pins & applied dielectric grease. No improvement. Remote works only if held near the driver's side rear window.

Which lead is the antenna?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:44 pm

The antenna does not have a lead, it is internal. You could open it, and resolder the pin leads to the board. If that does not work, it could be a bad electronic part in the RF circuit. You may find a bad solder joint if you look closely.
Back to top Go down
bocoogto

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Thanks, Fred for the info. If I don't find a bad solder joint, I'll find a box in our local salvage yard, but that means reprogramming for the remotes.

I thought there was a pigtail to short out two wires to put the system in the learning mode, but I can't find that. I did the procedure a few years ago, but can't remember how I did it.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 1:01 pm

On the 91s it is on the same side as the box. On the 92+ it is on the opposite side.
Back to top Go down
bocoogto

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 6:18 pm

Do you mean on the passenger side in the spare tire area?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 8:21 pm

At the rear near the D pillar.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 7:16 am

BTW, if you are going to get a donor receiver, the 91s have gray connectors, the 92-93s have green connectors, and the 94-96s have black connectors. You can use one with green connectors in a 91, and it will work. I do not know if the 94-96 units will work in the 91-93, and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Remote Lost Range   Keyless Remote Lost Range Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keyless Remote Lost Range
Page 1 of 1