GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagonfest Geneva NY related news

Go down 
+4
phantom 309
dmg4
Andebe
lakeffect
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Empty
PostSubject: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 9:38 am

I thought I would share some information with you about Wagonfest. I costs about $400.00 dollars to put on the event, between tent rental, awards and food related items. Last year I charged $10.00.  I have always hoped for about 40 cars, and therefore would break even. I would have taken a bath the past few years  on the event had it not been for the kindness and generosity from many of you who passed around a donation jar.  I again, THANK YOU SINCERELY for your kindness.

I note there are about 22 cars listed thus far as coming. The reality over the past few years is a few don't make it, and a few show up unannounced, but it won't hit 40 vehicles. Upon the advice given privately to me from several of you, I will take that advice and raise the fee to $15.00

When you do the math, I break even when twenty seven cars show up. The change may offend some, but since alternative is for me not have or sponsor the event, $5.00  more out of the total that the members spend for the weekend to get here is small potatoes.

Thanks for your understanding.  Pre-payment can be made to my Paypal account:  lakeffect@gmail.com.

Dave Buchholz

Last edited by lakeffect on Mon May 22, 2017 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 10:09 am

Donation,fun fee,sent... What a Face
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Fee and donation sent. Wagonfest still costs less than four cups of bad airport coffee. How could anyone complain?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 6:04 pm

dmg4 wrote:
Fee and donation sent.  Wagonfest still costs less than four cups of bad airport coffee.  How could anyone complain?

Gimme a sec,....
Back to top Go down
Haze5736

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 8:05 am

I think the fair thing to do is take the known cost of $400 and divide by the number of cars that have committed. That would be about $18 rounded up to $20. Most people spend $20 these days like it's nothing anyway. And I think payment in advance should be expected. If you can't make it then you've made a donation to keep the event alive. I think if you don't do something to recoup most or all of the cost you would be hard pressed to pass the torch onto someone else some day. Then if there is a surplus you either keep it for your troubles, set it aside for the next event or buy something extra for the event. That's my two cents. I'm looking forward to my first Wagonfest.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 10:32 am

sent. If I need to drop out, keep it. Thanks for organizing.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Paid.
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks Dave!

Donation / Fee forwarded.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks to all who responded so quickly. I am deeply indebted ( or at least up to $15.00) for the kindness of your understanding and support.

Dave Buchholz
GM whale herder.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 3:05 pm

lakeffect wrote:

GM whale herder.

Anything we can do to get you away from the sheep is a good investment!
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Quote :
Anything we can do to get you away from the sheep is a good investment!

I can bring beer as a distraction.

Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Sheeps10
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:27 pm

You're killing me.

you're right.

But you're killing me.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 11:13 pm

As a word of planning, the Annual car show in Geneva does not coincide with our event this year.

I am taking ideas for alternatives on Friday evening.

The area is loaded with wineries. Anyone up for some samplings?
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:45 am

There are a number of craft breweries that have sprung up in the last 5 years as well. I'll toss out a few options the I'd be happy to help set up for Friday or Saturday, late afternoon or evening:

1. Drive the Glen (again)
2. Dinner and a drive (last year we went to Bob and Ruth's in Naples... go again to the same place, or somewhere else?)
3. Cruise and wineries/breweries (local law enforcement and whitetail deer require attention if late in the day)
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 8:54 am

Maybe drive The Glen and hit a few places on the way back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Geneva NY related news   Wagonfest  Geneva NY related news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Geneva NY related news
Page 1 of 1