GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on. Gremlins?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dmg4
dmg4

No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on.  Gremlins? Empty
PostSubject: No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on. Gremlins?   No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on.  Gremlins? Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Let's see if anyone here has had this happen before: dome and other interior lights come on intermittently after driving short distances. Once on, I can make them go out temporarily by turning the headlight switch from off to running lights or headlights. Turn the headlight switch back to off, and a few minutes later the interior lights are on again.

Now the second piece, possibly related, but also possibly not.... All of the lights on the passenger rear assembly are out. Bulbs are good, but I have no right turn signals, no running lights, no back up light, and no brake light on the passenger (arrg... starboard) side.

Gremlins?
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on. Gremlins?   No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on.  Gremlins? Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 2:19 pm

""Gremlins?""

Or a bad ground.
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on. Gremlins?   No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on.  Gremlins? Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Bad Ground chafing wire would be my bet.

Check / remove the Courtesy light relay under the dash and see what happens as a quick fix.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on. Gremlins?   No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on.  Gremlins? Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Get your VOM out, and start checking for ground faults.

It could be a bad turn signal relay. The element heats to close the circuit. If the element or contacts are defective, it could cause the long delay. I would have to trouble shoot the circuits. You can isolate the circuits and test them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on. Gremlins?   No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on.  Gremlins? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No passenger rear lights, interior lights intermittently on. Gremlins?
Page 1 of 1