HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
81X11

PostSubject: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Had to share this one.   My buddy Rich walked into what MAY be a heck of a deal.   A friend of his mentioned that his mother-in-law has passed, and her car was still in a garage up in Dallas, and has been sitting there for around two years, untouched.   Rich, being a car-guy, asked what it was.. (Rich is who I sold my '89 Custom Cruiser wagon, and my '96 Roady wagon...which thankfully I was later able to get back from him.  He also bought my black '93 S-10 pickup, the brown '79 Electra Limited, and I bought the '88 Cutlass T-top from him...and he gave my son Eddie that '78 Electra wagon project...we do this, REAL car nuts!  Ha!).

ANYWAY his friend in Dallas said the car was a big Buick, and later, a Roadmaster, which of course perked his ears up.   He was somewhat let down when he found out it was a sedan and not a wagon, and that it was a '92, so not a LT1 car.    But he did get interested when he learned the car was a low-mile, 2-owner Dallas car.   The friend send Rich the pics I pasted below, and Rich made his an offer based on the pics alone...which was low, but again, site-unseen and sitting for years.....who knows?  The friend accepted the offer, and the car is being shipped down here today.

The details are what sold it.   It's a two-owner car.   The car only has 77K miles on it, and has been in Dallas since new (built in Arlington, so BORN in Dallas).   The mother-in-law bought it with 30K miles at a Buick dealer in 1997 (trading an '85 Pontiac Parisienne for it).   She drove it the rest of her life, and it's always been garaged, never wrecked, never seen salt or snowflakes.   The car is a 5.7 TBI 350, smooth-top Limited with cloth seats, which is great for a Texas car, no burned vinyl roof, no hot and dry/shrinking leather seats.  Under the dust it's supposed to have great paint, no wrecks, zero rust, again was always garaged.

The pics below are all he had to go on.   Hopefully the car looks good all cleaned-up and comes back to life!   I can see the white printing in the turn signal stalk for the cruise control and wipers still looks bright, which is a good sign for TRUE low-mileage.  Also the horn buttons are still on the wheel..another sign of a car that's led an easy pampered life.

Oh and as soon as the deal was made, Rich had me searching for Impala SS wheels for the car to replace the wires and most-likely dry-rotted tires.  I found what looks to be a great seat from a fellow Impala friend just down in San Marcos, and am going to pick them up tonight or tomorrow night.    The tires are old, but the rims are not curbed or damaged other than some faded clear-coat.  Rich is having me strip the clear-coat off and polish them, and I'll then add my Roadmaster center cap decals.   Going to hit my local Mexican tire shops (Leal's and Serna's) to see if I can find a good set of 235/55/17 take-offs for the wheels.   We'll see!  

I'm really looking forward to seeing the car in person, and installing the wheels and tinkering with it.  LOVE a project, even when it's a friend's car!

-Texas Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Nice find!
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:12 am

Ran down to San Marcos to pick up the Impala SS wheels last night. Going to strip the clear off, polish them, and install my custom center-cap decals, and then look for tires this weekend. Will post pics of the car once I see it myself! San Marcos is a beautiful little town and the San Marcos River flows right through the middle of it, and is crystal clear. We stopped at the park below Texas State University and I let my kiddo Tuck, who had tagged along with me, jump in the river...at 10pm! Love our adventures! Ha! Summertime!

Here are the center cap decals I make for these wheels, and a finished wheel.

Such Fun!
-Mike
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:30 am

Always push them at the flaring end of the horn symbol, they will last a long time. When people push on the outside edges, the button jams, and the guide posts crack, leading to a broken button.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Always push them at the flaring end of the horn symbol, they will last a long time. When people push on the outside edges, the button jams, and the guide posts crack, leading to a broken button.

Thanks, I'll mention that to Rich when I give him the Impala wheels for the car. Appreciate the tip!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:49 pm

The Roadmaster Sedan arrived.   Looks really good for a car that's been parked in a garage since 2012.   Didn't know it had the ASC sunroof. Needs the grey side trim along the beltline (typical) but really nice other than that!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 pm

are those seats grey?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:13 pm

You had the choice of light gray, dark maple red, or dark sapphire blue in 92.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:26 am

Yep, grey!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   

Back to top Go down

Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1