HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Thu 12 Oct 2017, 10:41 am

Big Wagon Guy wrote:
Awesome write up...love the fact that you included step by step directions complete with pictures and parts used. You really cleaned that car up...what a transformation. Seeing that Gold 96 RMS in the pictures above broke my heart...I have been looking for 2 complete front doors to swap onto my Gold 94 for 5 years! I'm just silly enough that if I had of seen this post earlier I would have gone down to get them. Looking forward to your next project.

It's VERY SAD to see some of the cars that show up in the salvage yards here.   Some need nothing more than a good bath and a battery to be NICE, but once they hit the yards, the title is recycled in Texas and they are on death row.

THIS 1996 Sedan just hit the LKQ yard in South Austin this week.   I'm planning to run down there this weekend and raid parts from it.  

It's great to get all these nice, rust-free parts, but sad to see cars that would be treasured in the rust-belt to the north junked down here.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Thu 12 Oct 2017, 6:56 pm

Wow what a shame...that's a lot nicer then half the ones folks are attempting to keep on the roads in the rust belt. I wonder if the yards would sell them complete and if the title could be cleaned if it was registered outside of TX? I'd love to have that White 96 bare top with Blue Leather Standard seats...oh my Sad

While your there is you happen to see 2 complete 95/96 RMS front doors in Gold/Tan pls let me know...road trip!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Fri 13 Oct 2017, 9:13 am

Big Wagon Guy wrote:
Wow what a shame...that's a lot nicer then half the ones folks are attempting to keep on the roads in the rust belt. I wonder if the yards would sell them complete and if the title could be cleaned if it was registered outside of TX? I'd love to have that White 96 bare top with Blue Leather Standard seats...oh my Sad

While your there is you happen to see 2 complete 95/96 RMS front doors in Gold/Tan pls let me know...road trip!

When I went yarding with Mike a couple years ago, every JY we went to was selling complete running cars up front, so in TX they apparently can do this. I have also noticed that one of my local JY here in FL is doing the same thing......I'm guessing, but probably if they don't 'check it into' the JY officially, it can be resold, but once the scrapper lists the VIN in their inventory then it's done.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Fri 13 Oct 2017, 10:11 am

Sprocket wrote:
Big Wagon Guy wrote:

When I went yarding with Mike a couple years ago, every JY we went to was selling complete running cars up front, so in TX they apparently can do this.    I have also noticed that one of my local JY here in FL is doing the same thing......I'm guessing, but probably if they don't 'check it into' the JY officially, it can be resold, but once the scrapper lists the VIN in their inventory then it's done.

If they take them INTO the yard, they're done. They do try to sell the cleaner runners up front first.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Mon 16 Oct 2017, 9:47 am

10/15/17 - So you thought the 92 Roadmaster Sedan Refurbishment was DONE? Well nothing is over until I say it's over! I realized after delivering the car that I'd missed something...I'll call it a part of it's "Gran Sport" package that I missed. The 92-93 cars have solid red plastic tail lights, with red reflectors. Well on later 94+ sedans, the tail lights were dressed up with black vertical lines and additional chrome trim edges on the lower reflectors. The black lines especially would go well with thr black bodyside and bumper trim I went with when "GS'ing" this car, so I set out to find a good set of new lights, and yesterday, after hitting two salvage yards, I did!

Cleaning salvage-yard find '96 striped Roady Sedan tail lights.

Polishing and waxing striped 96 Roadmaster Sedan tail lights.

Refurbished 1996 black-striped tail lights done. They glow! Richard Lake check these out! Cleaned, compounded, polished and waxed! I want to put them on now!

SO has anyone tried to enlarge the holes on the innermost sockets? I'm thinking of trying to add 1157's to the inner sockets so all four bulbs light up with the brake lights and blink with the turn signals. I always thought it was kind of cheap that only the outermost lights work with the brakes and signals, with the inner ones just coming on with the headlights.

Hmmm.....

I love projects!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Mon 16 Oct 2017, 10:17 am

That's really subtle. I like it.

Maybe try on your old set of tails to enlarge them and if it works - sweet.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Mon 06 Nov 2017, 12:01 am

11/4/17 - OK some final updates and pics. At LONG last the striped 95-96 tail lights are installed on the 92. Sharp!!

With the new taillights installed I "think" the Gran Sport package on the 92 Roadmaster Sedan is complete. This car came out SO WELL!

It's all in the little details!!

This car was a really fun project!

-Texas Mike
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Mon 06 Nov 2017, 12:16 am

Needs more low. For maximum GS effect. Wink

Looks good though.... for a sedan.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Tue 07 Nov 2017, 10:22 am

Cant believe Im saying this...I agree with Roo. Bring it down a skootch. Lol.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Tue 07 Nov 2017, 10:36 am

Naw it's fine.  We will fear no speedbumps or steep driveways!
Back to top Go down
BUICKNUTT

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Tue 28 Nov 2017, 4:02 am

Hey Mike, still have that set of stickers to install here.

I kind of cringed when seeing that bumper trim go black, but now that I see it all I could never go back!

Pops nice against the white, looks great!

I would vote for an LT1 swap...would be so much easier and cheaper to get a donor and swap it all over, wiring and all would just fall right into place...swap the dash too for dual airbags

Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Tue 28 Nov 2017, 10:07 am

I agree on the black bumper and side trim. I know the grey is "correct" for sedans, but changing to black REALLY looked great on this car!

That was a fun car to refurbish!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   Fri 01 Dec 2017, 10:48 pm

I have loved watching the progress of this project and the end result is absolutely beautiful. Great job and taking pride in your work. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan   

Back to top Go down

Such a Deal!?!?!? "Garage Find" '92 Roadmaster Sedan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3