HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

(possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Have you gone and looked at the car yet?

He lives in your neighborhood. Go look, then come ask questions. You'll drive yourself crazy with hypotheticals. Go look at the thing.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:25 pm

I've owned 13 of these cars (only 3 were/are Chevy) and while almost all of them had one kind of leak or another, NONE of the 10 Buick/Olds leaked around the vista glass. Have had every year except a '93 too.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Post a picture of this wagon,.
Not that i don't believe you,. Its just that i,m wondering if it might be pfm wagon.
Your questions are carefully put so as to entice the most possible amount of replies.
You are very good at researching info ,.  
But you don't know what a wb4 is,..
Quite puzzling, but it certainly gets you attention,,
Did u actually get your drivers license yet,?
A job?
I would think these are important first steps before asking about buying a wagon.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Bingo!
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:40 pm

I can't and won't make the offer until I find a job (not a lot available near me right now) and get my license when I turn 16 in September.

I'll take and post pictures if and when I make an offer on the wagon, but for now I'm not trespassing on the man's property just to take photos.

For now I am just gathering research for future reference, and thank you to everyone who helped me out. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Also, I looked it up and if I'm correct, WB4 is the RPO code for factory wood delete?

I'm done asking questions for now. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
bigredwagon

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:50 pm

In an element you sit probably 2 feet higher. The hood of the element is about the size of the dash in the roadie. The wheelbase and overhangs are substantially less than a roadie. An element would almost fit in the roadie wheelbase. Take your driving test in the element.
I'd say the tach in the hvac is novel idea at best. Useful at times but not really practical for everyday use.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:02 am

bigredwagon wrote:
In an element you sit probably 2 feet higher.  The hood of the element is about the size of the dash in the roadie. The wheelbase and overhangs are substantially less than a roadie. An element would almost fit in the roadie wheelbase. Take your driving test in the element.
I'd say the tach in the hvac is novel idea at best. Useful at times but not really practical for everyday use.
The Element is indeed about 2 feet off the ground. It's essentially a boxy version of the CR-V (they actually share the same chassis and drivetrain if I'm not mistaken). I plan on taking my driving test in the Element because most of my driving has been in it, and I'm used to it.

If I do get the wagon I'll try the HVAC tach but if I don't like it I can always get an Add-a-tach at Autozone for like 20 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Swaggerwagon

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:19 am

Hey roadmaster king, I've read some of your posts, and I love your passion for these cars. U remind me of myself...feels like 5-6 years ago, but turns out it's been two decades since I was in high school. So this is advice I wish someone would've told me back then...so please treat this like it's coming from an uncle, not some internet troll.
The knowledge in this forum is vast, and you got great advice regarding purchasing a wagon (or any car really)...but we're all middle-aged guys...already established. Ask us about our first car purchases. You just buy whatever's in your price range. It'll be a raggedly heap for sure...mine was...but I worked my butt off, and with my hands, my sweat, made $$ doing crappy jobs, and was proud of what I had. I owned it, it was all mine.
weak men wait for opportunities, strong men make them!
So mow lawns, knock on doors, work at the car wash, sell dope (kidding) but get some cash together, and post up pics of you grinning ear to ear next to a very used, but 100% YOUR car!

If I had a time machine, that's what I would go back and tell myself.
Sincerely,
Uncle mike
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:21 am

Swaggerwagon wrote:
Hey roadmaster king, I've read some of your posts, and I love your passion for these cars. U remind me of myself...feels like 5-6 years ago, but turns out it's been two decades since I was in high school.  So this is  advice I wish someone would've told me back then...so please treat this like it's coming from an uncle, not some internet troll.
The knowledge in this forum is vast, and you got great advice regarding purchasing a wagon (or any car really)...but we're all middle-aged guys...already established. Ask us about our first car purchases. You just buy whatever's in your price range. It'll be a raggedly heap for sure...mine was...but I worked my butt off, and with my hands, my sweat, made $$ doing crappy jobs, and was proud of what I had. I owned it, it was all mine.
weak men wait for opportunities, strong men make them!
So mow lawns, knock on doors, work at the car wash,  sell dope (kidding) but get some cash together, and post up pics of you grinning ear to ear next to a very used, but 100% YOUR car!

If I had a time machine, that's what I would go back and tell myself.
Sincerely,
Uncle mike
Thanks man Very Happy I'm working on lawns and stuff to save money because I'm currently a sophomore and personally I don't mind if it takes until I'm a senior (in HS or a senior citizen lol) to obtain my own wagon. Of course if I absolutely have to I'll settle for something else.

Last edited by TheRoadmasterKing on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:14 pm

I just got back from a week of band camp and the wagon is out in the guy's yard with the for sale sign again! (but I didn't see the price cause I was driving by as I looked).

Anyways I'll probably go try to get it after my birthday in a few weeks, because trust me, it's not going anywhere lol. Wish me luck Smile
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:22 am

this one time, at band camp...
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:31 am

jasonlachapelle wrote:
Knew that would happen...
lol!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 am

jasonlachapelle wrote:

Yeah no sh*t. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?   

Back to top Go down

(possibly) buying a wagon - how much to offer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2