GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best spark plug to run in a LT1?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
El Camino

Best spark plug to run in a LT1? Empty
PostSubject: Best spark plug to run in a LT1?   Best spark plug to run in a LT1? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 11:48 am

Hello, I want to change the plugs in my 94 RMW LT1 before I put it on the road because it set in the woods for 4 years and I don't have any info about the maintenance on the car. I favor NGK (18 years of working on Nissan and Subaru), but I'm thinking of running E3 spark plugs. So I thought I should check with you the experts first, any suggestions? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Best spark plug to run in a LT1?   Best spark plug to run in a LT1? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 12:35 pm

The E3s are not worth the extra money.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Best spark plug to run in a LT1?   Best spark plug to run in a LT1? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 7:38 pm

El Camino wrote:
Hello, I want to change the plugs in my 94 RMW LT1 before I put it on the road because it set in the woods for 4 years and I don't have any info about the maintenance on the car. I favor NGK (18 years of working on Nissan and Subaru), but I'm thinking of running E3 spark plugs. So I thought I should check with you the experts first, any suggestions? Thanks

Spark plugs can keep indefinitely,. They have no expiry date,.
If the engine performs well with no indication of ignition troubles, then changing the spark plugs would only be psychological comfort,..
You will be further ahead to drive car for a few hundred miles to evaluate its performance, then you will have a clearer picture of necessary repairs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best spark plug to run in a LT1?   Best spark plug to run in a LT1? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best spark plug to run in a LT1?
Page 1 of 1