GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
4501 Safari

WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Empty
PostSubject: WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets   WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Had the rear glass explode yesterday, reason unknown. (4th of July?)

After clean up and preparing to install the spare rear glass, found the driver side bolt rusted in the captured keeper nut in the hinge.  It spun and the hinge cannot be salvaged.  

If anyone has the driver side or both hinges and the glass gaskets the go between the hinge and the bolt with its washer (glass sandwiches between), I'd be most grateful for a reply.  With all the parts I have, never thought I'd need the hinges.  Out of sight rust still never sleeps!

Part numbers are 10124262 (Right) and 10124263 (Left).  The Hinge Glass Gasket is 10104995.

Thank you,
Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL (still here!)
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets   WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Richard

I'm looking, but I quickly checked my favorite snowbird JY, Ace in Jacksonville has 3 wagons:  2 RMW's and a Olds wagon.  The Olds and one of the RMW's are fairly recent additions.

http://www.acepickapart.com

Also Ace has a 50% off sale this holiday weekend.

Go Pull It has a Caprice wagon.

http://gopullit.com/

Tom Cummings

Last edited by silverfox103 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
4501 Safari

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets   WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Tom,

Thanks for the leads. I check ACE pretty frequently but obviously had not paid attention. Of the four Roadmasters, two are sedans and I'm guessing the grills give away the wagons...DUH! It's hot and I'm tired.

Now to take a look at the 250 wagon and see just what I need to do to grab those hinges. I'll be there when they open in the morning! You are great! I've never heard of that other yard. Will have to scope that out at some point. I wonder about the glass...

Richard
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets   WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 2:56 pm

Richard

I just edited my post, Ace has a 50% off this weekend.  

The other JY is as big and just as good as ACE.

Good Luck

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets   WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 8:34 pm

I have a set of hinges. I would like $50 for both. If you need a replacement glass I can get one for you as well.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets   WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 10:45 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I have a set of hinges. I would like $50 for both. If you need a replacement glass I can get one for you as well.

That's a fair price Richard and if Fred pulls it, it's in good working condition.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets   WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 10:12 am

Hey Richard! Long time brother! The glass most likely 'exploded' as someone pushed up on the glass just a little past the actual stopping point. I had it happen to me in a JY where the struts were no good and I pushed just a little to try and wedge a stick in there to hold it open and BOOOM glass everywhere.

Makes sense as the hinges are near the edge (the place you have to hit tempered glass to shatter it)....
Back to top Go down
4501 Safari

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets   WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Found hinges and two more rear windows.  Tom and Fred were very informative and encouraging.  I, however, am finally over doing junkyard duty in Florida, in July...It's hot and I'm not as strong as I used to be but, you know, when you don't have someone to lend a hand it is often surprising what can be done alone.  Requires a little more thinking.

Thanks to all, Richard
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets   WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Richard, do like I do, wait until Jan, Feb, March & April. Make your list. My friend from MI and myself are always hitting JY's then. We'll meet you sometime.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets   WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB Rear Glass hinges and glass gaskets
Page 1 of 1