GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seatbelt Repair?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Seatbelt Repair? Empty
PostSubject: Seatbelt Repair?   Seatbelt Repair? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 12:16 pm

The red driver's side seatbelt on my Roady was frayed on the edges when I bought the car 10-years ago, and even though I've been careful not to slam the door on it, it's getting worse just from use. Has anyone had any luck shaving the "fuzz" off a belt? I thought about shaving it somehow and then using a flame to melt the edge just a bit to hopefully keep it from fraying again....

Since the odds of finding a good red '96 belt (remember 96 models have unique buckles with interior-colored-plastic) are slim-to-none, I'd like to at least improve what I have.

Ideas?

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

Seatbelt Repair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt Repair?   Seatbelt Repair? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 5:11 pm

You might try  http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/

They probably can reweb your belts using the original hardware, which maintains 100% of the strength your belts left the Factory with.

You would then be good for another 21 years.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Seatbelt Repair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt Repair?   Seatbelt Repair? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 11:18 am

Wild! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seatbelt Repair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt Repair?   Seatbelt Repair? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seatbelt Repair?
Page 1 of 1