GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

antenna mod

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

antenna mod Empty
PostSubject: antenna mod   antenna mod Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:40 pm

I still like this idea

As some of you know I'm putting a RMS front clip on my 93 RMW. One minor issue between the sedan and wagons is the location of the power antenna. The sedan front fenders do not have a hole for the antenna. I've not yet cut a hole in the fender for the antenna and I kind of like the clean look of the fender with out the antenna. So that leaves me to try to find a new location for an antenna.

A friend of mine sugested going retro and mounting the antenna on the roof just behind the windshield like Buick had done in the 40's and early 50's. this is a picture of a 49 roadmaster estate with the roof mounted antenna.
antenna mod Thewoody

I noticed that many new cars, even some GM products are going back to this location to mount the antenna. I then took a quick trip to the junkyard and pulled the antenna off a ford focus. I've used a bit of masking tape to hold it on the roof where it would mount if I do this mod, so please over look the green masking tape and tell me what you think? is it a mod that would look good? keep in mind that if I do do this mod then there will be two working power antennas available...
antenna mod Antenna4
antenna mod Antenna2
antenna mod Antenna3
antenna mod Antenna1
Back to top Go down

antenna mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: antenna mod   antenna mod Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Go look for a VW antenna, I think they are a little shorter than the ford one.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

antenna mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: antenna mod   antenna mod Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Yes the VW ones are shorter, but thier base is fatter and have been over used in the past decade on modded and pimped out rides.
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

antenna mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: antenna mod   antenna mod Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:45 pm

I would try a VW one also... Sometimes there is a reason everyone is using a particular part... Neat idea though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

Location : Wandering aimlessly about Daytona Beach, FL, or in the Hospital

antenna mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: antenna mod   antenna mod Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:53 pm

One off an HHR with a "stubby" stalk looks really good too! I'm really feelin the look your going for Pat! cheers

Larry
Resident Car Show Road Dog and Beach Bum king
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

antenna mod Empty
PostSubject: I did it! I did it!   antenna mod Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 pm

and it works good too! cheers
antenna mod DSC01138
antenna mod DSC01137
antenna mod DSC01136
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

antenna mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: antenna mod   antenna mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

antenna mod
Page 1 of 1