GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Latest setback

Go down 
+3
dmg4
silverfox103
Fred Kiehl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Latest setback Empty
PostSubject: Latest setback   Latest setback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 pm

Both of my wagons made it through the hurricane unscathed. Yaaaa! So now the street sweeper throws a stone and hits the windshield of the 91, and it is shattered right in front of the driver's side. This is after the fuel pump quit, and I hurt my arm helping my father do some yard work. I can barely lift my arm to remove the bolts to drop the tank, let alone get the tank down. I have a bunch of parts to pull for different people, and both wagons need work. When is the crap going to stop?...BTW, my insurance notified me that my rate went up $30 per month.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Latest setback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest setback   Latest setback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you enjoy the play?

Kidding aside, let your arm heal up first. Guys and their parts can wait.

Tom
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

Latest setback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest setback   Latest setback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 am

Breath deep, keep moving. Take care of the important stuff (family and your health). The rest can wait.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

Latest setback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest setback   Latest setback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 8:44 am

Hope your arm gets better Fred. This getting old thing is no fun. I find, for the first time in my life, I have to be very careful if I lean over and lift something relatively heavy, like a bag of mulch. I used to just grab it and go-now, I move it slowly, and make sure to lift carefully using my legs instead of my back. Hopefully it's just a muscle ache, which should sort itself out in a few days. I swear by Alieve when that sort of thing happens to me.
Back to top Go down
4oldcars

4oldcars

Latest setback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest setback   Latest setback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 10:25 am

Cure-all: cold beer, feet higher than the heart
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Latest setback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest setback   Latest setback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am

Glad you made it through the hurricane safely, but sorry to hear about the latest frustrations.

As for getting old, I did that compound and wax on the 92 Roady Sedan...the paint was DEAD when I started, and I polished on it for hours. The next morning I could not lift my arms and my back was spasming...it was SILLY. I'm only 43! Ha!

Age is fun stuff. Take Care!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Latest setback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest setback   Latest setback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:55 am

If you have comprehensive on the 91, windshield glass is a $0 deductible. If not, it's $200
I just had mine done in the 94 by Safelite. Found an online coupon that covered the $25 come to you fee. I think it was 190 out the door and they came to my car.

Sorry bout the arm man, I hate being injured....Hope you heal up quickly.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Latest setback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest setback   Latest setback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 12:19 pm

No comp. The glass replacement is about $185 here, unless it went up. I have to put a new FP in the tank as well.

Latest update...My mom fell this morning, so nothing is getting done for a few days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Latest setback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest setback   Latest setback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest setback
Page 1 of 1