HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Roadmaster Sedan and Wagon "Glamour Shots", and 200-mile Texas Hill Country Roadmastering Road Trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
81X11

PostSubject: Roadmaster Sedan and Wagon "Glamour Shots", and 200-mile Texas Hill Country Roadmastering Road Trip   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Roadmaster "Glamour Shots" and 200-mile Texas Hill Country Roadmastering Road Trip, 10/7/17:  

Today was delivery day for the 1992 Roadmaster Sedan Refurbishment Project, and we made a full day's event of it. Got to spend it with my wife, my kids, my Dad, and good friends! Took BOTH the 92 and 96 Roadmasters on a 200+ mile adventure!
When you are about to do some Roadmastering and need appropriate road trip music! https://www.facebook.com/mike.massey.543/videos/a.10214374198699499.1073742283.1553678810/10214374243540620/?type=3

Headed to Temple for the car show.  My Dad up front with me in the 96 wagon, with the two little kids in the 3rd row, chasing my oldest kiddo and wife in the 92 sedan:

First we entered both cars in the GTACC Harley Davidson Car show in Temple Tx:

Then had lunch at Richard Rawling"s Garage in Harker Heights:

After that we took off cross-country on winding Texas Hill Country back roads.  My 15-year-old son had spent the night before planning a "route" from Killeen to Burnet Texas, and he took over in the 96 wagon with my wife than the little kids, and Dad and I followed in the 92 sedan.  His route took us across lakes, rivers, over hills, around turns, across wide-open-spaces, and down some ready that frankly were almost as wide as these cars!   It was a fun hour-and-a-half of exploring, and he got us to my Uncle's ranch in Burnet!

Here we are arriving at the family ranch in Burnet Tx.

I got some awesome "Glamour Shots" of the finished 92 Sedan and my 96 Wagon together at the ranch.  LOVE these cars!:

Finally ended up at the lake at Horseshoe Bend,, where I delivered the Sedan and we were rewarded with a great visit, swimming, jet-skiing, and watching the sunset over the lake. We topped the day off with dinner and pie at the famous Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls:

THIS has been one of the best days in recent memory!

-Texas Mike
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Sedan and Wagon "Glamour Shots", and 200-mile Texas Hill Country Roadmastering Road Trip   Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:00 pm

The Garage looks like a cool venue.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Sedan and Wagon "Glamour Shots", and 200-mile Texas Hill Country Roadmastering Road Trip   Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Andebe wrote:
The Garage looks like a cool venue.

It's an interesting place, but I'm not sure if it's going to make it.   It sits empty a lot when I'm driving by it.  

I do HOPE it makes it...it's neat to have that up there between Killeen and Belton.   BUT there are issues.  The metal table chairs are not comfortable at all, the food is expensive and the portions and taste in general are nothing to write home about.  Much of the food is trying to be fancy too...smoked gouda chicken?   It's supposed to be a car-guy beer joint.   I don't need chimmichurry sauce on my burger...and the boneless buffalo wings were like frozen chicken nuggets dipped in buffalo sauce.    

It's also like a giant salute to Richard Rawling's ego....he has his picture everywhere.   I think it would be better with more pics of the entire Gas Monkey crew and their builds.  Less generic walls with store-bought signs and license plates. And less giant pics of Richard Rawlings everywhere...  

That said, they have organized some decent motorcycle and car meets there.   This is a Thursday-evening car meet every week that is growing.   It IS a neat venue, but they need to tweak it or I worry about it's future.

-Mike

Oh and PS, that last picture, the Blue Bonnet Cafe, is in an old building on the main drag in Marble Falls.   It's been there since 1929, is always crowded, very small, very old, they only take cash (there is an ATM at the door), but it has LINES out the doors most days, the food is totally country-fantastic and the pie is flat amazing, and the pricing is great too.  

I frankly found it kinda sad that at dinner that night, EVERYONE (me included) agreed that they enjoyed eating at the Blue Bonnet MUCH MUCH more than the lunch we'd had at Richard Rawling's Garage earlier that day.    I'm sure that huge restaurant cost a fortune to build and to operate, but the Blue Bonnet was SO MUCH tastier, more comfortable and friendlier.  

If you are in Texas...go to the Blue Bonnet.   Very Happy

Take Care All!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Sedan and Wagon "Glamour Shots", and 200-mile Texas Hill Country Roadmastering Road Trip   Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm officially craving Blue Bonnet Cafe pie right now... Is it noon yet?

-Hungry in Austin....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Sedan and Wagon "Glamour Shots", and 200-mile Texas Hill Country Roadmastering Road Trip   

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster Sedan and Wagon "Glamour Shots", and 200-mile Texas Hill Country Roadmastering Road Trip
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1