GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster

Go down 
+4
Sprocket
81X11
brokecello
Mark 96 Roady
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Empty
PostSubject: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 8:44 pm

The lumbar support quit working on the driver side of my car last year. Recently I was in a junk yard, and took apart a Roady wagon seat to see how it works. There is a motor that drives the whole assembly, and in the junk yard car the motor case had split. I took apart the passenger seat, and it was ok. It looked like the part would fit either side, so I bought it for ten bucks or so. I took my own car apart today, and sure enough, the driver side lumbar motor split in exactly the same place as the junk yard car. Once you get the seat cover off, it is a very easy job to do. Two bolts hold in the lumbar motor, and the electrical connections are snaked under the seat. Start to finish the job took about an hour. On my last long drive my back started to hurt since there was no support for my lower back. Problem solved!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 9:44 am

Is the motor split able to be fixed? Got any pics? My driver's lumbar stopped working and I'd like to fix it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 10:59 am

I'm curious about this too. How did you repair it? The lumbar on the 92 Roadmaster Sedan hums, but does nothing. Did you repair the motor somehow?

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Pics on Facebook I think he just swapped the motor in. I didn't pay attention cuz Bonnies
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 8:43 am

Sprocket wrote:
Pics on Facebook    I think he just swapped the motor in.   I didn't pay attention cuz Bonnies

Where and who is he?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 12:12 pm

brokecello wrote:
Sprocket wrote:
Pics on Facebook    I think he just swapped the motor in.   I didn't pay attention cuz Bonnies

Where and who is he?

on the 91-96 Roadmaster page - Mark Sullivan you know him white WB4, comes to WF FL
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 1:09 pm

How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Pic110
How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Pic210
How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Pic310
How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Pic410
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 9:32 am

81X11 wrote:
I'm curious about this too.   How did you repair it?   The lumbar on the 92 Roadmaster Sedan hums, but does nothing.   Did you repair the motor somehow?

-Mike
I just put in a used, unbroken passenger side motor. It is a direct bolt in swap. The way the motor case breaks I don't think it would be repairable.
Back to top Go down
Eds rmw

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 7:41 pm

Its looks exactly like the one from Cadillacs of the same era. They will be easier to find in the junkyard
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 9:05 pm

I fixed my motor by simply securing the broken bit back onto the motor with a heavy-duty tie-strap around the whole thing (longitudinally -- between the two cables and around the motor end).

I added a tie strap to the passenger motor too, just in case...

How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster 08_lumbar_motor_reinforcement
Back to top Go down
Yeahoo Whoyah

Yeahoo Whoyah

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 12:56 am

Were lumbar supports available the 1993 and earlier RMW's?
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 am

Hey, thanks for this info. Mine stopped working just recently and this seems like the cause. How do you get the seat apart like that? I never attempted anything like that before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster   How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to fix your lumbar support in the Roadmaster
Page 1 of 1