HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Time to make my '96 Roady Wagon cool again!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
81X11

PostSubject: Time to make my '96 Roady Wagon cool again!   Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:55 pm

So the a/c died the other day on the Roadmaster wagon. Compressor still comes on, no leaks to be seen. Put gauges on it and full pressure...the SHAFT inside the compressor broke! Ha! New one on me!

Thank Goodness I had a Rock Auto discount number I've been saving.  Got a new compressor, but it's not a Delco, so we'll see how it works.   Wanted the Delco but this was new and a great price.   Fingers crossed!

That original compressor lasted 130K miles and through 21-years of Texas Heat...I'm not really even mad...it made it all this summer too, and it had a LONG hard life!

-Texas Mike
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Time to make my '96 Roady Wagon cool again!   Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:41 pm

As it is from Global Parts Distributors, I'm guessing that means made in cheena?

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Time to make my '96 Roady Wagon cool again!   Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:53 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
As it is from Global Parts Distributors, I'm guessing that means made in cheena?

Tom

I got it from Rock Auto.  It had the "heart" next to it as one of the most popular products, so I'll hope it was bolted together well.  It looks like a quality item.   We'll see how it holds up. The box came from Georgia. Here is what it came with:

Description:
Brand: Global Parts Distributors
Part Number: 6511344
Condition: New

http://www.globalpartsdist.com/catalog/about.php

(Global Parts Distributors LLC). GPD is one of the most knowledgeable and dependable sources for A/C parts and radiators in the United States. The motto of GPD is "To supply the best parts and prices possible". These GPD compressors are a great quality product at a great price."

We shall see!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Time to make my '96 Roady Wagon cool again!   Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:22 pm

blah blah blah - all that product info the marketing guys write.  I put one GPD and one 4 Seasons compressor on two of my minivans two years ago. Neither one made it two years;  one started eating itself and the other one started leaking at the case seal.  Keep a close eye on it and your warranty paperwork in hand.

BTW any rock auto discount code will work - half the time I use the one they send me and half the time I just grab one off the internet.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Time to make my '96 Roady Wagon cool again!   Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:47 am

Had folks asking me on Facebook why I was messing with a/c in November. Ha! Welcome to Texas!

Back to top Go down
Gerome

PostSubject: Re: Time to make my '96 Roady Wagon cool again!   Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:48 am

81X11 wrote:
Had folks asking me on Facebook why I was messing with a/c in November.   Ha!   Welcome to Texas!

Lol we are supposed to have a 80 degree day tomorrow lol
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Time to make my '96 Roady Wagon cool again!   Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:29 am

OK we're cool again! Blowing ice cubes, which is good because it hit 90-degrees today here in Round Rock! Even for Texas this is crazy weather! Not complaining!

Stay Cool Folks!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to make my '96 Roady Wagon cool again!   

Back to top Go down

Time to make my '96 Roady Wagon cool again!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1