GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Needing help with replacement radiator.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZachDD

Needing help with replacement radiator. Empty
PostSubject: Needing help with replacement radiator.   Needing help with replacement radiator. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 10:20 pm

my radiator is on its last leg and im needing help finding a replacement. i have a 93 carpice classic with a 5.7 fuel injected small block. no luck on the parts stores i've seen online. please help! thanks!
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with replacement radiator.   Needing help with replacement radiator. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 10:52 pm

The LO3/LO5 should have metal end tanks, unless it has been replaced with aftermarket plastic ones. If yours is original, any good rad shop should be able to re-core it for you. The cores are a standard size so the shop should either have it in stock or can get it quick. Typically they should be within 20% of the price of a new rad.

Good luck

Bill
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with replacement radiator.   Needing help with replacement radiator. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 am

Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with replacement radiator.   Needing help with replacement radiator. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 12:05 am

I got mine a few years ago at my local NAPA store. It took a day or two to get it. It's worked fine ever since.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with replacement radiator.   Needing help with replacement radiator. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 8:23 am

Be extremely careful with the level sensor. They are no longer available new (there may be a couple stashed in some remote dealership). Use anti-seize when you install it.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with replacement radiator.   Needing help with replacement radiator. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 10:56 am

I just ordered and installed one from Rock Auto on the 92 Roadmaster I refurbished. Worked fine, but yes, I soaked the level sensor with PB Blaster for a day before trying to remove it. No issues but was really careful!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with replacement radiator.   Needing help with replacement radiator. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Needing help with replacement radiator.
Page 1 of 1