GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll

Go down 
+10
Krzdimond
dmg4
Andebe
brokecello
rauldelp
phantom 309
Fred Kiehl
RedandBlack
silverfox103
Sprocket
14 posters

Preferred hotel location for WF FL price being equal
1. Best Western
WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Vote_lcap86%WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Vote_rcap
 86% [ 6 ]
2. Hotel on the Beach (10-15 mins from track)
WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Vote_lcap14%WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
3. Cheaper hotel a couple exits away on 95 (15-20 min drive to track)
WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Vote_lcap0%WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Empty
PostSubject: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 pm

The Best Western has jacked the price again to $110/night (+12% taxes) so I'm shopping elsewhere to see what's available.

Vote on your preference (please vote only if you think you are coming)
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi John

I voted for the Best Western, I know it was like $66 our first year there. But, it's hard to beat with the patio, closeness to the track and they put up with our nonsense.

John, I think it was the first year we stayed down the street at a LaQuinta? That was a decent place, fairly priced back then, Didn't have a patio but it worked. I guess i'm familiar with the strip we're on and the stores and restaurants.

If LaQuinta was it, I quickly did a search and came up with $65 to $69 and that's without asking for a group rate: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34172-d84347-Reviews-La_Quinta_Inn_Daytona_Beach_International_Speedway-Daytona_Beach_Florida.html

I think Ray can confirm the hotel name.

Tom
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Yeah, the first year was LaQuinta. I liked that hotel. We did okay with our BBQ get together out there, too.

Of the choices listed, I say BW. The beach is usually more crowded, and frankly some of the area isn't all that nice. The closer you get to the beach in Daytona the closer you get to the 'hood in my experience.

The track-side hotels or close to track, are really good because they're right there and auto parts stores and all that are right across Beville road. Somebody's wagon will break or need some final cleanup and we'll need the stuff. I like just being right there.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 2:05 pm

I stand corrected about LaQuinta pricing. When I did a quick search it was $65 to $69. That is for a current date. But when I plugged in Mar 23 to 25th, $149 comes up. The $110 for the Best Western doesn't look so bad.

Tom
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Yikes. $110 doesn't sound so bad. lol
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 9:43 pm

I am willing to pay a little more for the ease of access to the track. Like every other commodity higher demand equals higher price (usually). Driving 15-20 minutes will cost me the difference between the BW and another less costly place.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 9:34 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I am willing to pay a little more for the ease of access to the track. Like every other commodity higher demand equals higher price (usually). Driving 15-20 minutes will cost me the difference between the BW and another less costly place.
So,. A 20 minute drive will cost $30+ dollars?  
Dec 17 premium is 2.88 a gal, in daytona beach.
$30.0 gas equates to 10.5 gals,. So in 20 mins that works out to half a gallon a minute, or 30 gallons per hour,.
Good grief that pig block is some thirsty!!
Inmo the bw is a wore out old place,. But i like driving my car(s) so a half hour drive is fun for me,.but seems an inconvenience or a chore to others,. Thats what makes this forum so interesting i guess, people with cars for toys that don't like to drive them,.   Lol.

Update: i plugged in the dates, and ormond beach, and prices were very reasonable, i have no idea what sort of area ormond is, but g maps said 15 mins to the speedway. A price of $64.00 was quoted for a 2 star hotel, supposedly similar to BW.  Last year i ended up with no room ( thanks stinkaroo), i was offered a spot to sleep on someones floor ( how nice) or share a room with a complete stranger, as much as i appreciated these offers,i stayed 45 mins north, in a really nice hotel for $80.00. So subscribing to convenience at the busiest time of year definitely puts the prices up.

So, do what you want, 'cause you're gonna anyway,..
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 am

If I have to go back and forth a few times, it can add up to that. 6 trips would be 2/3 of the distance I have to drive to get to Daytona. It is about 12-14 gal to get to Daytona, so that is 8 gallons. So we are up to $23-25 extra for gas (at highway speeds). It is not that I do not like to drive my car, but I like the fact that I can be at the track quickly, and if I need something, or forgot something from the hotel, I do not have to spend a half hour going to get it. I also like the leeway the hotel gives us in doing our cookout. Convenience is nice for the price. I will work with the consensus.

I know the BB is a little thirsty, but that comes with the territory. It also gives great pleasure for the cost.

And you will do as you want as well.
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 9:20 pm

I was at the la quinta last year because of the dog, but I'd rather stay at the Best Western this time. It was nice but not nice enough to pay the extra over the BW.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 2:23 pm

BW is fine with me. They are always nice enough to make a sign to welcome us. Amen.

WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll IMG_5550_zps70c85b51
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Wagons for Jesus...
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Jesus loves you and the wagon you rode in on.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 6:15 pm

I take exception to the jehovah's witnesses. They have a lot of issues in their beliefs.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I take exception to the jehovah's witnesses. They have a lot of issues in their beliefs.

The jehovahs witnesses take exceptions to you,. You have a lot of issues,. Especially with big block chevys,. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 8:48 pm

The manager at the hotel told me that they had "issues" with the Jahova's Witnesses.... and they won't offer a discount, then mumbles "maybe they will go elsewhere".

I blocked off 20 rooms. As in years past, ask for "Wagonfest" rate.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Room booked Smile Guy was like "WagonFest, yeah man!"

lol

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 4:06 pm

brokecello wrote:
Room booked Smile    Guy was like "WagonFest, yeah man.
lol

Chris
Could you please put up the BW phone number? I vote we stay there, it's just easier, and my room last year was really nice.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Best Western phone number: 386-258-6333
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 8:21 pm

I booked two nights. Remember to sign up for the rewards club. If you stay enough nights, you can get free nights. May be good for next year.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 11:44 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
$30.0 gas equates to 10.5 gals,. So in 20 mins that works out to half a gallon a minute, or 30 gallons per hour,.
Inmo the bw is a wore out old place,. But i like driving my car(s) so a half hour drive is fun for me,.but seems an inconvenience or a chore to others,. Thats what makes this forum so interesting i guess, people with cars for toys that don't like to drive them,.   Lol.

Update: i plugged in the dates, and ormond beach, and prices were very reasonable, i have no idea what sort of area ormond is, but g maps said 15 mins to the speedway. A price of $64.00 was quoted for a 2 star hotel, supposedly similar to BW.  Last year i ended up  with no room ( thanks stinkaroo), i was offered a spot to sleep on someones floor ( how nice) or share a room with a complete stranger, as much as i appreciated these offers,i stayed 45 mins north, in a really nice hotel for $80.00. So subscribing to convenience at the busiest time of year definitely puts the prices up.

So, do what you want, 'cause you're gonna anyway,..
You will argue about anything, won't you?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 7:01 pm

[quote="Mark 96 Roady"]
phantom 309 wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

Update: i plugged in the dates, and ormond beach, and prices were very reasonable
          You will argue about anything, won't you?

I don't see it as an argument,. just discussing options.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 11:20 pm

It is an antagonistic reply. Done to elicit a response, not to argue a point, but to imply a position of superiority when there is none.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 7:22 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
It is an antagonistic reply. Done to elicit a response, not to argue a point, but to imply a position of superiority when there is none.

I thought the same thing,. Poor jehovahs witness's,.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 10:26 am

Don't know if there's a Marriott-owned property around there, but they do have a pretty sweet rewards system, definitely in the top hotel rewards. US residents who get their credit card (marriott reward visa) get 80000 pts, one free night certificate/yr and first year fee waived. A night at a lower tier marriott is like 15k pts.
Same card in Canada only yields 30k points (boo) but it's only card that doesn't have an exchange fee for USD. Paid for itself when I used to travel constantly.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 2:56 pm

You do not need a "hotel" credit card to get points with BW. I do not know much else about the BW system, and there is no fee.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 2:58 pm

[/quote]
I believe the hotel backed me up on that, so go find someone else to annoy.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 3:21 pm

booked Smile with difficulty. when you call say you are with a group or they will transfer you to an 800 number that will tell you to call the hotel directly then she said our block was closed. I persisted and got it all done...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 3:29 pm

I identified Wagonfest as our group, and was done in about 5 minutes. They had a couple of issues with VISA, but MasterCard worked without any issues.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
You do not need a "hotel" credit card to get points with BW. I do not know much else about the BW system, and there is no fee.

yeah I get that. I'm not attending, just offering an alternative that would happen to be free.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 10:43 pm

I just booked my room, with taxes, etc. $246.72 for Friday and Saturday. Is that what you guys paid? I would think we all pay the same price. This year I was lucky enough not to get transferred to an 800 number, like John did, and like I did last year. The whole transaction took about 4 minutes.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Quote :

I annoyed you fred?

I wonder how many readers or members you may have annoyed posting your irrelevant opinion of jehovahs' witness's?. Something you feel justified because of supposed endorsement of your opinion by hotel management.?

I think that in the spirit of this forum, any comments regarding religion should be struck off, comments regarding sexual preferences or racial overtones are not tolerated so why are comments maligning religious views tolerated?
I do have some very close friends who are witness's, what i think of their beliefs is irrelevant. I treat them with respect and love them dearly as my friends, so to put it bluntly fred i find your comment not only annoying but intolerable. Also with a forum with so many moderators, i am surprised that the comment was not removed and a warning issued. Pethaps if it had been a comment directed towards catholics the outcome may have been different.

A-salaam-alaykum
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:22 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
Quote :

I annoyed you fred?  

I wonder how many readers or members you may have annoyed posting your irrelevant opinion of jehovahs' witness's?. Something you feel justified because of supposed endorsement of your opinion by hotel management.?

I think that in the spirit of this forum, any comments regarding religion should be struck off, comments regarding sexual preferences or racial overtones are not tolerated so why are comments maligning religious views tolerated?
I do have some very close friends who are witness's, what i think of their beliefs is irrelevant. I treat them with respect  and love them dearly as my friends, so to put it bluntly fred i find your comment not only annoying but intolerable. Also with a forum with so many moderators, i am surprised that the comment was not removed and a warning issued. Pethaps if it had been a comment directed towards catholics the outcome may have been different.

A-salaam-alaykum
Nick, you're 107 now, right? Shouldn't you be dead?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:30 am

Mark 96 Roady wrote:

I'm going to have to be more understanding now that I realize that.

Tom
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 12:11 am

Mark 96 Roady wrote:

I think we need to get you a glass belt buckle mark,.
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 2:41 pm

Boy I'm just glad I hate everyone equally mind you!!!

Just saying!!!

Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll   WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WagonFest Florida: Hotel Poll
Page 1 of 1