GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wide Whitewall tires

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CBurne7

CBurne7

Wide Whitewall tires Empty
PostSubject: Wide Whitewall tires   Wide Whitewall tires Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm going to look at a 95 Roadmaster Wagon this week and am already planning out what I want to do with it. One of the first things it will need are new tires and I figured I'd throw some new wheels on it while I'm at it. I'd like to put some whitewall tires on it, but am having trouble finding any with white walls around 1.5 inches. It seems like pretty much the only thing available are tires from Coker which cost ballpark 170 a pop or thin white walls.

Are there any brands that are still manufacturing affordable wide-whites? I've been reading threads on whitewalls, but there's nothing recent.

Thanks in advance,

Casey
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomb.com
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Wide Whitewall tires   Wide Whitewall tires Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Try Diamondback Tires. They have everything you could imagine. Warning...They are salty.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wide Whitewall tires   Wide Whitewall tires Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 7:30 pm

There are options out there. Check this thread on the Cadillac Forum. Start at the end for the most recent updates.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/181612-official-whitewall-thread.html
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Wide Whitewall tires   Wide Whitewall tires Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 12:14 am

Suretrac 235-75-15 true 1.5 inch whitewall. I put a set on my 93 Fleetwood last year. I've put about 5,000 miles on them, and they still ride and look great. I paid $340, with free shipping last year, which was a smoking deal. I didn't even really need tires at the time, but that was too good to pass up. I looked last week, and the same tires are up to about $100 each, which is still a deal for such big white walls.
Back to top Go down
CBurne7

CBurne7

PostSubject: Re: Wide Whitewall tires   Wide Whitewall tires Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
Suretrac 235-75-15 true 1.5 inch whitewall. I put a set on my 93 Fleetwood last year. I've put about 5,000 miles on them, and they still ride and look great. I paid $340, with free shipping last year, which was a smoking deal. I didn't even really need tires at the time, but that was too good to pass up. I looked last week, and the same tires are up to about $100 each, which is still a deal for such big white walls.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks. Coker and Diamondback are way too expensive. If I were looking for tires for my 63 Fairlane I'd cough up the cash (which I have), but I can't justify it on something that I'll be DD.

I'm pursuing a look like this user's wagon, lowered using springs.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t12141-belltech-lowering-springs-and-drop-shocks-installed-update

Back to top Go down
http://www.bomb.com
roadm96

PostSubject: white walls   Wide Whitewall tires Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 8:57 am

I put Hankook H724s on my 68 squire. they have a fairly narrow white wall and drive well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wide Whitewall tires   Wide Whitewall tires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wide Whitewall tires
Page 1 of 1