GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...

Go down 
+8
Dick Santana
rauldelp
brokecello
Funkwagon455
dmg4
vetrnz06
phantom 309
RoadmasterTwo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
RoadmasterTwo

Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Empty
PostSubject: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Just another thanks to Fred who quickly sent a critical part for my RMW. With the replacement cup holder attached, I can once again drive safely with both hands on the wheel.
My new ride (96 RMW) has now given me two months of entirely uneventful but comfortable transportation. Doubtless something will crop up soon, but seriously, it's good to know that Fred and other diehards are always ready to help out with parts and information.
- Simon
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcfiddles.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm

You use a long straw then simon???
Back to top Go down
RoadmasterTwo

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 5:01 pm

Unless the IV is hooked up...!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcfiddles.com
vetrnz06

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 6:23 pm

fred has also helped me with general information and answers on different minor things i have dealt with and also did ship me a electronic module piece for the windshield motor. thanx , mike in ocala
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 6:32 am

Piling on: Reverend Fred has been exceedingly helpful (and patient) in helping me exorcise electrical demons. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Funkwagon455

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 9:58 pm

I'd also like to add to the kudos of Fred's vast knowledge of these vehicles. Since I've acquired my wagon over a year ago with its fancy-shmancy power passenger reclining seat, it has not worked. Although I am very mechanical it was not a hot priority to fix, and I had visions of broken pieces that would necessitate hours of salvage searching to repair. Today at lunch I did a web search for repairing the seat, and came across one of Fred's threads on another B body site. Tonight I simply removed the seat, lubed the gearboxes and cables with PB blaster, and it is working perfectly again. Tomorrow I'll vacuum,shampoo carpet and reinstall the passenger seat with a functional power recline option. THANK YOU FRED!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 8:32 am

Fred cooks very good steaks.

I love you Fred.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 10:51 am

Here's to Fred, keeper of the parts and goer to the wrecker so we don't have to!

Thanks!

*(The steaks are pretty darn good too)
Back to top Go down
Dick Santana

Dick Santana

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 1:59 am

I am a recent RMW owner.....  a 93

When I got to the Long Roof forum Fred had posted
on several issues, and gave good straight forward, accurate
information.....  with tips...!!!!!

I had some minor issues with mine...
Contacted Fred....  He steered me to providers.
AND, he had some things I needed.....

Hat Tip to Fred.....  RMW Good Guy AND Guru
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 11:15 am

Yes, I can't count how many times I've contacted Fred, and he had the weird little part I needed. He's a great person to have around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Joe B.

Joe B.

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 2:41 pm

He shipped my new rear bumper by Greyhound a few years back to save on cost, so I drove to the nearest Greyhound bus station to pick it up. What a hoot!
Back to top Go down
RoadKutter

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 12:43 am

I have recently received so much help from him. As a new member to get so much attention and support from one person is amazing. Glad to be a part of this family.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 10:07 am

Additionally, Fred is also the steak purveyor for WF FL. He gets the best Filet Mingons at a great price to keep the costs down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...   Hat tip to Fred Kiehl... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hat tip to Fred Kiehl...
Page 1 of 1