HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

92 rmw in NJ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dajonga

PostSubject: 92 rmw in NJ   Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:20 am

1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

The good. . ...

This has the 350 small block GM motor. This is not the wimpy 305 and it is not the killer LT1 Corvette motor. This may not have the tire smoking power of the LT1, but it is simple and cheap to work on and is probably a better motor for the average owner.

The car is in excellent condition. I firmly believe that white & wood on tan is by far the best color combination for this car. Lower quarters are all in good condition. Some minor booboos around the rear tail lights from the previous old lady owner. The car looks fantastic for its age.

It runs great. . .smooth and powerful. This car just oozes down the road in total, classic American car comfort. Starts every time, even on the coldest mornings and after sitting for weeks.

The transmission shifts cleanly with no slipping. Rear end fluid changed recently, tranny fluid checked and deemed ok.

It has a Class III hitch and 4 prong trailer lighting harness from Uhaul. Hitch is rated to tow 3500 lbs.

Tires are good. Exhaust is good. Battery is new, starter is new, master cylinder in new.

Seats 8; 3 in front, 3 in the back and 2 in the rear facing jump seat (aka "the backback"). It has the tinted glass Vista Roof for the back seat passengers to gaze up at the stars.

I replaced the worn out front and back tan leather seats with brown cloth seats out of a Chevy Caprice Wagon. It is not a perfect match to the interior, but it just adds to the 50 shades of brown the interior has going on. Cloth is so much nicer than leather at the end of a beach day. The backback seats are original tan vinyl and are in excellent condition. The backback seats have lap belts only.

It has an aftermarket stereo with CD, bluetooth hands free and usb & aux input. The sound quality is good.

Driver power window sometimes hesitates to work properly.

With all rear seats folded, this car will hold full 4x8 sheets of plywood/sheetrock.

This car no longer needs to be inspected in NJ, so you are good to go without the hassles of trying to get a 25 year old car thru emissions every 2 years to the tune of $150.

The bad. . ...

The speedometer and odometer stopped working last year at 127k miles.
The check engine light comes and goes. I assume it is related to the speedo, as the car runs like a champ. I live with it.

The AC has been worked on twice by a local shop, but it is still not working properly. I give up. The compressor is newer, so I assume there is a small coolant leak somewhere. I have spent nearly $400 to get it working to no avail, so I live without. But...really...this is the kind of car you want to roll the windows down in to blast some tunes.

The ABS light is on. The brakes function great, just no ABS. I live with it.

One of the horn buttons broke off.

In conclusion. . ...

We truly love this car, but finances do not currently permit us to have a 3rd car. The kids are going to hate me for selling it, but they will have to deal with it.

My oldest is now 16 and he has no interest in this as his first car.

This car is approaching 25 years old, so it has some minor cosmetic flaws.

This is not a collector quality car, but it is a way to get into a lovely, classic American woody wagon without worrying about it while actually using the car as it was meant to be used. Take it to the beach and fill it with sand. Take it to HomeDepot and fill it with dirt. Take it to Costco and fill it with, well, everything. Then, clean it up and take it out on the town with a car load of friends. Trust me, they will all fight over the backback seats.

As the car is nearly 25 years old, it is sold as is. I have been honest about its flaws. I would not hesitate to drive the car anywhere, but I cannot be held responsible for any future events.

Asking $1400.

https://i.imgur.com/myp3s5ys.jpg

https://imgur.com/Qo1Ao54
Back to top Go down
http://davidgardphoto.com
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: 92 rmw in NJ   Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:09 am

Back to top Go down
dajonga

PostSubject: Re: 92 rmw in NJ   Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Car is sold locally.
Back to top Go down