GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back from the Dead

Go down 
+6
jasonlachapelle
Gerome
silverfox103
94Woody
convert2diesel
lornejay1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lornejay1

lornejay1

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 11:47 am

Hi everyone,I felt the need to re introduce myself after being away so long.

The wagon was on the shelf for a couple of years due to competition with our Motorhome,Children getting married finding ,time off from the Funeral Home and probably a bit of lost interest.

Last year I did the T56 install and 4:56 gears. I love the car more than ever.

It was accepted into the biggest indoor car show in my area happening in April so that has kept me from dealing with the winter blahs detailing it.

Anyway I am also in need of a speed sensor module for a 91 sedan for my father in law.He tells me it is located under the dash.I will post in the parts section, just hoping Fred is still the parts Guru and sees this.

Hope to renew old friendships and catch up on everyone's rides.

Lorne

Back from the Dead Image_zpsr46klc55

Back from the Dead Image_zpsililvxda

Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 1:13 pm

Welcome back Lorne:

While I no longer own a B/D anymore, I still lurk on here.  Great bunch of guys.

Ended up blowing a head gasket on the LQ9 in the Silverado and just finished replacing those.  Gawd, it was like taking apart the space shuttle.  Took us two afternoons just to gain access to the heads.  How could they use that much wire just to run a pickup truck?

Anyways, good to see you back and as always, interested in your collection of cars, trucks and motorhome (need pics for that one) cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Nice. Welcome back, Lorne.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Just for you Bill, forgot what a pain photobucket is

Back from the Dead Image_zpswnwngb3s
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 2:03 pm

How do you like the Bounder?  Carol and I are thinking of "movin on up" but are conflicted as to what, motorhome, 5th wheel or larger travel trailer.  If we stick with the travel trailer the current vehicle would be fine but a 5th would need a bigger truck.  The motorhome is also possible but we would still have to tow another vehicle behind as you do (thinking of the Smartcar if I can make it reliable).  Packing up everything just to go into town for an ice cream is not my idea of a good time.

Most of the stuff we are looking at is simply junk.  However there are exceptions in all three.  Just wondering about the Bounder as it has both advocates and haters.  Even used, these are still a hunk of money so want to be careful.

Bill
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Lobe it !came from Florida and is mint underneath. Gm Workhorse with Allison Trans is smooth. 3 slides is spacious . Wagon is now towable!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi Lorne

Great to see you back here again. Don't be a stranger. I'm sure if anyone can find that part, it will be Fred K.

Still have our get together in NH in October.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Gerome

Gerome

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 3:39 pm

Welcome back , I have yet to meet you but I look forward to doing so . I dig your console , did you dye it ? Looking forward to chopping it with you on the forum .
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Back from the Dead Image_zpsf7aymjnp

The bonnie seats are out two tone red and burgundy SS seats front and rear,the insert for the 6 speed is an automatic SS insert moulded to fit the boot,
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 4:16 pm

I cannot take credit for the insert,my friend Frank Krause had a body shop make them,said they would never do it again!,you have to know Frank to get it LOL

Back from the Dead Image_zps9emyw7li
Back to top Go down
Gerome

Gerome

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Nice . I just got a impala console to add to my wagon , have to get it and my bonnie seats redone in that dark blue . Nice to have you around I am sure I can learn a lot from you .
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 6:32 pm

If I remember correctly, and I think I do, Loren's wagon is a 95 but he had a complete 91 red interior including dashboard installed from his beloved 91.

Tom
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 12:15 pm

nice to see you back Lorne. Been seriously considering selling the wb4 I bought from you.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 9:33 pm

Welcome home Lorne. Since you left, I got rid of all but one wagon as I'm dumping cash into a GMC motorhome now....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Welcome back and glad to see you here Lorne! There are still some of us older guys on here!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 pm

Welcome back. Good looking toys you got there. Looking forward to meeting you,maybe at a Wagonfest? BTW,love the red Bonnes.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 8:13 am

Nice to see old faces that were daily names once upon a time.

I tell everyone the wagon is the only one in the fleet that is not going before me,only you guys truly get the passion.

I guess photobucket is ka put, I saw a thread on how to get around it so will see if I can figure it out

Lorne

Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 8:25 am

Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lornejay1

lornejay1

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Chris,aka Magnum PI,how the heck are ya?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 9:40 am

lornejay1 wrote:
Chris,aka Magnum PI,how the heck are  ya?

LOL! Living the dream as always. Playing music, working and getting into trouble with the Wagon... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 9:50 am

Chris,it looks like you took the image of the sunset from your profile pic,and transferred to your wagon sides. Very clever...Your futures (wagon) so bright,I gotta wear shades. Cool Laughing What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 9:32 pm

I'm sloooow, I just got your thread title ha ha.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 11:40 am

Andebe wrote:
Chris,it looks like you took the image of the sunset from your profile pic,and transferred to your wagon sides. Very clever...Your futures (wagon) so bright,I gotta wear shades. Cool Laughing What a Face

lol! I've never thought of it like that...but I did. lol....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back from the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the Dead   Back from the Dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back from the Dead
Page 1 of 1