HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Got hit by drunk driver

Go down 
AuthorMessage
91tomcruise

PostSubject: Got hit by drunk driver   Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:39 am

After months of getting my 91 OCC, that I inherited off my grandfather, running again, I was rear ended by a drunk driver in a utility work van and insurance totaled out my car. I kept it with intentions of finding parts to fix it but have been unsuccessful in locating a rear tail gate and rear windshield that isn't in another state. Tail gate was smashed in a good foot and a half. Mounting brackets are bend but I may be able to straighten them to work. Body bent forward and driver rear door was jammed shut. (With help of a silverado 3500 dually, we pulled the body back straight.) This guy even made me lose my job because I had missed days due to the results of the impact. Herniated and budged discs through my entire neck and back. I grew up in this car and would love to get it running again. So if anyone knows of a tailgate and rear windshield that can be shipped or is near the central Florida area that would be great. My email is joseph.brogna@gmail.com. me and my car are on the road to recovery so any help is greatly appreciated. I saved this whale and this whale saved me.

Back to top Go down
94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Got hit by drunk driver   Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:56 am

Central Florida? The LKQ picknpull in Daytona currently has a 95 Roadmaster wagon. It had a good gate on it a week ago but no glass. Wood grain car but since you are doing bodywork that is easily taken care of.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Got hit by drunk driver   Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:43 pm

email sent
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Got hit by drunk driver   Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:46 pm

oh and when you remove tailgate, you have to open like a door so no pressure on the spring. I almost lost my nards when one shot off and put a hole in a steel building 40ft away! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Got hit by drunk driver   Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:45 pm

This is very savable. Should have checked here first. cheers
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Got hit by drunk driver   Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:49 pm

I have a nice rear glass with heater strips if you are interested. If you pick it up, I will take $100. I am in Largo, near Clearwater. I have a lot of other parts as well, including the flyaway panels ($50). There is a 93 Roadmaster in the yard here with a good tailgate (it has different hinges than the 94-96), if you want to get both with one trip. The glass on the 93 RMW was bad, the holes for the hinge bolts were all chipped out. The RMW is not long for this world, because they rotate out about every 45-60 days. The gate trim is harder to find, but the parts here will get you secured. If you need a new gasket, the RMW in Largo has a good one as well.

My phone is 727-692-5510 if you want to stop by this week. I have doctor appointments on Tuesday, but the rest of the week I can be available.
Back to top Go down
vettfingers

PostSubject: Re: Got hit by drunk driver   Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:23 am

That sucks. I have a 91, but i am still using it sparingly for now. The frame is badly rusted, and i cannot repair it anymore. I will probably be taking it off the road in a few months as i am working on my 94 RM. Also i am in Mass, but stay in touch as i want to sell The OLDS/ I have had it since 2005. and there are tons of great parts. Good luck on your search. so tough getting parts for these terrific cars now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got hit by drunk driver   

Back to top Go down

Got hit by drunk driver
Page 1 of 1