HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

new wagon!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danr63

PostSubject: new wagon!!   Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:44 pm

My wife needed a new car and really missed our old roadmaster wagon for her daily driver. So when Buick introduced the Tour X wagon (based on the new regal platform) We took one out for a test drive and she fell in love with it. We drove some other car/suv's but nothing beats having a wagon.Here sits Our old 96 roadmaster (301,000 miles) next to our new Buick Tour X (15 miles)

Back to top Go down
ramrod_mobile

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:11 pm

Man, I would drive the B body any day over the new stuff. But congratulations on the new car!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:21 pm

Those new Regal wagons look nice. I would wrap the black trim in body color vinyl and call it done.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:39 am

nice regal! After you've had a chance to drive it for a while, it would be neat if you could post a little review of the regal.
On riviera forum I used to be on, guys would sometimes post 'real-world' reviews after having a rental for a while, or when buying a new car. Always thought that was nice. I get C&D, but I always thought it was neat to see real info like that X feature is poorly thought out or great because of Y reason.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:06 am

I agree with Ray. Wrap the plastic stuff. Gorgeous new ride.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Do you get a woody?
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:43 pm

When does the woodgrain get installed?

Nice Car!

Back to top Go down
Danr63

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:22 pm

I can give a "mini" review at this time. The car has more electronics on it than you can shake a stick at! The car drives as nice as the old roadies (just not as boaty). The power is real good for a 4 cylinder turbocharged (265 HP torque ?) engine. The car is all wheel drive and the pavement was dry at the time so no events there. The does have electric power steering and it feels real good. The car is very quiet. The back seat area has plenty of leg room (I am 6 ft). That is my "short report" for now update you when she let's me drive it again Smile.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:45 pm

295 lb/ft in that motor.

They are great motors too. And you COULD give it a lot more power, if you felt the need.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Danr63

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:33 pm

RedandBlack wrote:
295 lb/ft in that motor.

They are great motors too. And you COULD give it a lot more power, if you felt the need.... Wink

I would if it "WAS" mine. but it is hers. I have the old 5.7 LT1 roadie to play with and a Dodge charger R/T so I have to leave her car alone. Smile
Back to top Go down
jon7190

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Fri May 04, 2018 11:18 am

Just saw this, so I'm late to the party. Congrats on the new ride! I've thought myself that the TourX might be a good option for a new vehicle.

My issue with the car is that I've seen magazine articles on the European version of the car with no body cladding and two wheel drive. I'd much rather have that, but kudos to Buick for offering a wagon, even if they had to SUV it up a little.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Fri May 04, 2018 11:51 am

jon7190 wrote:
Just saw this, so I'm late to the party. Congrats on the new ride! I've thought myself that the TourX might be a good option for a new vehicle.

My issue with the car is that I've seen magazine articles on the European version of the car with no body cladding and two wheel drive. I'd much rather have that, but kudos to Buick for offering a wagon, even if they had to SUV it up a little.

I agree. Give us the European version! I wonder if the Subaru fender trim can be peeled off?
Back to top Go down
CBurne7

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Fri May 04, 2018 1:05 pm

I think they look pretty good. Definitely a modern interpretation of the wagon. They really really should have incorporated some sort of tailgate as opposed to a hatch. All the outdoor-sy subaru loving hipsters (I guess I'm kinda one, though I don't own a Subaru) would love that kinda thing.

I also find it kind of humorous that in Motor Trend's review they say,

"Starting life as an Opel Insignia Sports Tourer, the Regal TourX gets a minor suspension lift (good for 5.7 inches of ground clearance)"

I was like wut? THEY'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!! hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomb.com
Danr63

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Fri May 04, 2018 5:28 pm

after driving it around for awhile we still really like it. But some of the technology we don't care for to much. There is NO key for any door on this car! So if the battery dies (and you don't have On star) you are done! On star know everything about that car even when you are not in it. They notified my wife by e-mail and phone that the tire pressure in the right rear tire was dangerously low and if we wanted a tow truck sent out (car was in the garage). They would do the same for a dead battery or anything else that happens to the car. But without that feature you will have to watch more closely. the engine start stop feature is a bit of a pain to get used to as well. But so far we still really like it.
Back to top Go down
jon7190

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Fri May 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Danr63 wrote:
There is NO key for any door on this car! So if the battery dies (and you don't have On star) you are done!    

Wow, I don't like that. Just the other day on my Mustang, the key fob battery died so I had to use the key to get in.

I can understand getting rid of the passenger door key, and even the trunk. Saves the company some money and simplifies things. But no manual backup? WTH! Make's me appreciate the Roadmaster even more.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Fri May 04, 2018 7:47 pm

I am sure ON STAR has there hands in some of that designing. Make the cars full functionally only available when you buy all the extra "apps" otherwise you are on your own. Again very nice car but It does make me like my two rancheros and roadmaster even more!
Back to top Go down
sjb6741

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sat May 05, 2018 8:03 am

Woke up this morning to a power failure (liken it to a completely dead battery); my wife reported it via her cellphone to power company (ne OnStar) called our home phone (which shouldn’t work if the power is out) and asked if I could check our main breaker. I (manually) opened the door an saw that the lights in the rest of the house were on, just not in the Master bedroom. I manually reset the one breaker that had tripped. All is well. But my (not so obvious but long winded) point is that there HAS to be a way to get into the car with no onboard power. Even OnStar can’t unlock a car with a dead battery.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sat May 05, 2018 8:15 am

That start stop stuff is the worst I have ever heard of. If I wanted to hyper mile, I would freaking hyper mile.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sat May 05, 2018 2:08 pm

The worst part about the start stop start is the A/C and the heat shut down if your sitting for more than a minute then after a few minutes (like in the event of waiting for a train) the car will restart anyway. Why not just leave it running? The engine management systems are so lean already I just don't see the point.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sat May 05, 2018 2:33 pm

The AC compressor can't run without the engine running.

Stop/start is annoying, but it's the future sadly. Blame CAFE. There's no key in your fob that you can take out in the event of a dead battery? That's how most of the other GM fobs are.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sat May 05, 2018 3:35 pm

No more keys Sad not one lock in any of the doors or the hatch/gate.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sat May 05, 2018 3:39 pm

That's really weird. Must be a Buick thing.

Chevy still uses keys on all our newest stuff. Super odd. There's no mention of it anywhere in the owner's manual how to get into the car with a dead battery?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 pm

The “future” is why I drive old junk.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sun May 06, 2018 8:50 am

We are going to have to look. Honestly we are just happy she has a new car to drive and have not had the time to look through the manual. Her last car had 260K and was just about ready to cost us a ton of money to fix. But I will check it out and let you know. Take care Dan
Back to top Go down
Danr63

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sun May 06, 2018 12:10 pm

OK we went out and decided to check out the owners manual. I was wrong and you are right. Buick just did a real nice job of hiding everything and we really needed to read the owners manual. The driver door key hole is hidden under a cover on the door handle. If the fob dies there is a spot under the cup holder you drop the fob into buttons facing up and the car will start and run until you get the fob battery replaced. The extra key..... yes you were right again in the fob Embarassed Embarassed There is no excuse we should have read the manual I myself drive nothing but real old stuff and the Charger I drive (09) still has visible key holes in the door so you knew that there was an extra key for it. Thanks for your input take care Dan
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sun May 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Nice! I hope you didn't take that as me being crass - but I had a feeling there was something in there.

I always show it to customers who drive older cars.

Glad you can get back to enjoying your sweet Buick!
Back to top Go down
Danr63

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sun May 06, 2018 3:59 pm

No you where fine I did not take it as crass at all. Yes I am one of those customers that took a BIG step into the present when we bought this car! Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   Sun May 06, 2018 5:08 pm

No worries! Glad to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new wagon!!   

Back to top Go down

new wagon!!
Page 1 of 1