GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems

Go down 
+5
brokecello
GN1220
94X2
Cadet57
81X11
9 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Empty
PostSubject: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:59 am

Installed these last night. Stop laughing........ ; )

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Engine-DoorPanel007

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Engine-DoorPanel008
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Those actually look really good. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: A Little Dirt   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Could you please leave something on your car a little DIRTY.Even the carpet in your door pockets look shampooed and spotless
and I am getting sick of it.Leave something a little flawed or even a little worn looking.I bet the third seat footwell in your car
is hospital level germfree and your glovebox is free of lint and old paperwork.
You make us lazy people look bad.
Just kidding,looks great!
Take Care
Jim "Flasheroo"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Hahahahaha Jim that's hilarious.

It's true though. Sad Time to vacuum my wagon out methinks
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:15 pm

Before 'Fest (if I end up going) I am going nuts on my car. Inside and out will be spotless. i'll even be taking the hubcaps off and cleaning in between each wire.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:22 pm

Hahaha, thanks a lot! Yeah I'm kinda anal about keeping the cars clean....

If it makes you feel any better I've been looking at those pics and wishing I'd taken some Armour All to the door panels before taking them. I wiped all the Armour All off so the GS emblems would stick and especially in the 2nd pic the door panel looks really flat....bothers me.

As for the 3rd seat footwell, yes it's spotless, and I have a pair of carpeted GM floor mats in it that match the ones in the second row to keep the actual carpet safe from kid damage. ; )

As for my glovebox, it's got the owners manual, repair records, a Texas map, a pen, a tire gauge, and a flashlight in it. So no it's not empty. Feel better?

Take care all!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:09 pm

My glovebox has... a USB port, registration/insurance, record of last oil change, a bunch of napkins, brackets from my old Fleetwood horns because I eventually plan on mounting them, an LED flash light, some velcro... well you get the idea.

lol
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:55 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Could you please leave something on your car a little DIRTY.Even the carpet in your door pockets look shampooed and spotless
and I am getting sick of it.Leave something a little flawed or even a little worn looking.I bet the third seat footwell in your car
is hospital level germfree and your glovebox is free of lint and old paperwork.
You make us lazy people look bad.
Just kidding,looks great!
Take Care
Jim "Flasheroo"

I'll post a pic of mine saturday after a 2k mile week so you won't feel so bad Jim...

Back on topic, those emblems look good on the dorr panels. Hmm time to go find more emblems!

Jon
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:02 pm

Looks good but obviously it's a clone. Everybody knows you could only get the "GS" package on the WB4's.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:15 pm

GN1220 wrote:
Looks good but obviously it's a clone. Everybody knows you could only get the "GS" package on the WB4's.

Are you sure? Seems like there are a few woody GS's running aroond...
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:38 pm

94X2 wrote:
GN1220 wrote:

Yes, and they are all clones. Production for the GS equipped Roadmasters are as followes:
Sedan: 371
Wagon:194

Sedan:465
Wagon:276

Sedan:638
Wagon:433

To get the "GS" package one had to also get the WB4 wood delete option. Not saying they don't look good but the GS was supposed to be a Sporty option to cater to the soccer Dads and such.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Are you folks serious are are you kidding around?? I've never heard nor seen any data regarding a Gran Sport wagon. Mine is very much a fake, don't claim it to be real, just think it looks cool with the GS emblems....and yes, I'm very much a soccer Dad.

I've read a lot of factory literature and brochures and never heard of a GS Roadmaster. Sedan or wagon....wood or not.

If you're serious please let me know where you got the info and if you have any pics. Would like to see what emblems GM used, and where they put them on the cars.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:57 pm

81X11 wrote:
Are you folks serious are are you kidding around?? I've never heard nor seen any data regarding a Gran Sport wagon. Mine is very much a fake, don't claim it to be real, just think it looks cool with the GS emblems....and yes, I'm very much a soccer Dad.

I've read a lot of factory literature and brochures and never heard of a GS Roadmaster. Sedan or wagon....wood or not.

If you're serious please let me know where you got the info and if you have any pics. Would like to see what emblems GM used, and where they put them on the cars.

-Mike

I'll have to find the info for you. It wasn't really offered to the general public, more of a COPO type deal. From what I understand they wanted something to cater to the family that wanted a RM but also wanted something sporty even though it conflicted with Buick's reputation of being for the older crowd at that point in time.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Hmmm.

Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Intriguing....
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:47 pm

...I never heard of a 'real' GS LT1 wagon?

This I gotta see!

Those door emblems look pretty nice. That is such a clean wagon too....love that ruby red interior!!

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks much! Now if I could just find the red trim for around the door handles all will be right in the world.

Oh and you should have seen the inside of the wagon last night. Took 6 kids and a friend to the local lake in the wagon.....with a sandy beach.

I no joke spent over an hour vaccuming and detailing the interior today at lunch. YUCK! She's all pretty inside again....next time we're taking my wife's Suburban!!!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:30 pm

GN1220 wrote:
94X2 wrote:
GN1220 wrote:

Yes, and they are all clones. Production for the GS equipped Roadmasters are as followes:

To get the "GS" package one had to also get the WB4 wood delete option. Not saying they don't look good but the GS was supposed to be a Sporty option to cater to the soccer Dads and such.

they also made some caprice SS wagons ,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:27 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
GN1220 wrote:
94X2 wrote:
GN1220 wrote:

Nick

yea and I own both of them

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Lorne686

in response to the OP they look very good,but I think mainly due to the red interior. I like it .

Here are two of the real deal in my neck of the woods.

Origional owner of both,not mint,but solid numbers matching and great history records.

He is constantly asked if he will sell them,both sit outside all summer.

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems LORNE384

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems LORNE383

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:44 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
phantom309 wrote:

Nick

yea and I own both of them

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Lorne686
WOW Lorne, you own BOTH Caprice SS wagons? In both Chevy AND Buick dress? Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_clown Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Lorne your such a joker, they came in different colors dude,.
i got a rare blue one,. its the base model tho with a bench seat and a manual transmission,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:35 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Lorne your such a joker, they came in different colors dude,.
i got a rare blue one,. its the base model tho with a bench seat and a manual transmission,.

Nick

Wow,are you kidding Nick? I have only seen one other Blue SS ,and it has Flambes too.

If you have the manual trnsmission you truly do have an SS

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Untitled-1-1

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:24 pm

The did so make woodie Roadmaster GS wagons, but they came with sedan front clips but only the woodie GS sedan nosed wagons came with power rear vent windows, buckets and console too.

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems DSC01081

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems DSC01122

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Seatsin5

Skirts and chrome ralleys were an option
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:02 am

Love those GS Skylarks! I especially like that the ragtop has a hitch on it. I'm a big believer in USING a car. Think that GS ragtop hauling a boat to the lake would look fantastic. My neighbor towed his ski boat with a 78 Trans Am when I was growing up. Coolest looking tow setup you ever saw. ; )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems   Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gran Sport Door Panel Emblems
Page 1 of 1