GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vinyl wood supplier

Go down 
+3
Andebe
Nick Danger
CanaveralSB
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CanaveralSB

Vinyl wood supplier Empty
PostSubject: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Hello all. Thought I would give a heads-up on a vinyl distributor.

I am prepping my RMW for new vinyl wood. I found a distributor called Designtex that sells a huge line of the original 3M DI-NOC vinyl. I set myself up as a vendor and they sent me any free samples I wanted. I selected a grey/silver/black metallic woodgrain (MW-1419) and am going to couple that with having my car dipped gunmetal pearl (having a pro do it). Still a little nervous about having the car dipped, but, hey, what could possibly go wrong?

Pray for me... Smile
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 3:38 pm

I'm interested. Can you ask them what does 'exterior' mean? Does it mean that those five patterns are the only vinyl that are good for exterior use?

http://www.designtex.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=3m+exterior
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Cant wait to see some pics.
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 am

I wonder if it's actually the original Di-Noc or some new formulation to get around some regulation (i.e. the glue from some chemical is actually really cancerous so now they use something else)

The original stuff has lasted 20+ years with minor care. It'd be nice to redo mine!

Thanks for being a guinea pig, er I mean explorer!
Back to top Go down
CanaveralSB

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 11:00 am

Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have smeared the glue all over me, but it just smelled so sexy. I will, of course, do a 20-year update to let you know how the vinyl is holding up. Smile Looks like vinyl application is set for next week and then on to dipping. Just to keep life exciting, I have changed choices on color for car - thinking to go with pearlescent white, with the same grey/black/silver vinyl and black trim surround. This newer auto flex dip, supposedly is tough enough to be washed and waxed and holds up to gas spills.
Thanks for upgrading me to guinea pig; lab rat feels more accurate...

I'd show a pic of the vinyl, but can't quite figure out how to do that.
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 11:15 am

I saw the autoflex at dipcon down here in Palm Beach and it looked like paint. Just spectacularly wet paint.

You sure you don't want to go with the ZTE hypershift pearl? Get some Green/Purple/Copper/Pink shift action going? Laughing
Back to top Go down
CanaveralSB

PostSubject: New Vinyl on   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Vinyl wood supplier Img_4510

Went with the "metallic" wood. Also had the front part of the roof and the mirrors done in black vinyl. Painted the trim satin black. I like how it came out.

Next up, cleaning up the old adhesive on the rubber and reattaching. Urghhh.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 11:04 am

That looks great! More pics please. cheers
Back to top Go down
CanaveralSB

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 11:31 am

Will be taking more this coming weekend and will get them posted. Will also show my HID headlight install - it's nice to be able to see where I'm going!.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Hopefully you didn't drop the HIDs in the stock housings... otherwise no one else will be able to see where they're going.
Back to top Go down
CanaveralSB

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm

No siree, I switched out to clear housings for just that reason and dropped in some Morimoto projectors. (Well, to be clear, I had a chappie on the east coast build it up for me - looks like a factory job. I then did the install). No glare coming off my car!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Nice! Any more pics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 2:37 pm

RedandBlack wrote:
Hopefully you didn't drop the HIDs in the stock housings... otherwise no one else will be able to see where they're going.

I can vouce for that with just LEDs...was horrible...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl wood supplier   Vinyl wood supplier Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinyl wood supplier
Page 1 of 1