HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

RMW Salute

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lamune

PostSubject: RMW Salute   Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:37 am

I had a funny little incident with the wagon recently.

I took the family in the wagon for a Costco run. When I came out I saw an elderly couple parked next to my car, and the both of them clearly checking it out. As I came around the back and opened the hatch, the better half of the couple grabbed her walker and shuffled over to me.

She congratulated me on maintaining a "cherry Roadmaster" and expressed her delight at not knowing there was a wagon variant, and also expressed interest that they were made as recently as 1995. So I answered her questions and thanked her for the compliments. The entire time, her husband sat in his drivers seat, looking at the car quietly.

When I fired it up and put it into full astern, he saluted me quietly as we backed out. I gave him the four note horn salute as we left.

It was amusing. I love my big old blue wagon, and I guess some others do too. Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: RMW Salute   Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:51 am

VERY cool! I love the comments we get in these cars too!
Back to top Go down
Haze5736

PostSubject: Re: RMW Salute   Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:36 am

I took my wagon to a rock concert last week. Had my wife, kid and his grandma with me. The comments from the drunk tailgaters were amusing. We contemplated strapping a rocking chair to the roof and a dog leash to the bumper for this week's concert.
Back to top Go down
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: RMW Salute   Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:00 am

For the first few years, my wife (riding shotgun) would dread stops for gas or supplies, as the car would routinely be surrounded by admirers with questions she either did not wish to answer, or could not answer. Now, she's up to speed and can talk shop with any grease monkey, motor head, or silver that stops by.

I think she needs her own wagon, or at least a Fleetwood.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: RMW Salute   Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:26 am

dmg4 wrote:
For the first few years, my wife (riding shotgun) would dread stops for gas or supplies, as the car would routinely be surrounded by admirers with questions she either did not wish to answer, or could not answer.  Now, she's up to speed and can talk shop with any grease monkey, motor head, or silver that stops by.

I think she needs her own wagon, or at least a Fleetwood.
Does she like the colour burgundy?
Back to top Go down
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: RMW Salute   Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:47 am

Quote :
Does she like the colour burgundy?

Of course! Who doesn't?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMW Salute   

Back to top Go down

RMW Salute