GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tan Caprice Beltline Trim

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Garrett Crozier

Garrett Crozier

Tan Caprice Beltline Trim Empty
PostSubject: Tan Caprice Beltline Trim   Tan Caprice Beltline Trim Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Looking for a few of the tan beltline trim pieces for my caprice wagon. I was missing the passenger front and rear door moulding, as well as the tailgate molding, so I thought I would remove all of the trim. Turns out there is an unsightly paint line on the drivers quarter where some lazy painters just taped off the trim instead of removing it. I don't know if I can figure out a way to fix the paint, so does anyone have some decent trim laying around for the passenger doors and rear tailgate?

Thanks dudes.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Tan Caprice Beltline Trim   Tan Caprice Beltline Trim Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 9:02 am

It sounds like somebody repaired the quarter panel. Check with a local paint shop to see if they can blend the two areas. It may be cheaper/easier than getting the trim. Worst case scenario is that you sand and paint the quarter.
Back to top Go down
Garrett Crozier

Garrett Crozier

PostSubject: Re: Tan Caprice Beltline Trim   Tan Caprice Beltline Trim Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 9:29 am

The whole drivers side of the car was definitely replaced (undisclosed, should have ran a carfax I guess) as evidence by the $7600 body shop receipt found in the glove box. While unfortunate, it took away my worries of ruining a pristine 50k mile car by modding it, so its not all bad. It is a factory woodgrain car, so it doesn't need much blending, just shoot the whole bottom of the drivers side. In reality that may be what happens, but wanted to weigh my options. If someone had the trim I could throw that on until I was ready to fix the paint.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Tan Caprice Beltline Trim   Tan Caprice Beltline Trim Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 9:40 am

I am in the process of having the entire left side of my 91 OCC replaced. I got sideswiped by dump truck. If it is done right, it is not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tan Caprice Beltline Trim   Tan Caprice Beltline Trim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tan Caprice Beltline Trim
Page 1 of 1