HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
harrisons13

PostSubject: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:00 am

Good Evening! I'm thinking of installing aftermarket headlight assemblies such as the ones form street trendsstreet trends. I heard these work much better with LEDs and HIDs. What should I do about the ugly taillights? Should I take them apart to restore them, or do you think just a sand down and clear coat would do the trick for them. ThankSS!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:50 am

There are a couple of lens repair kits. My brother used one, but had to cover it overnight because the fluid takes forever to dry/cure, and dew will mess it up. It did a really nice job. You can also sand and clearcoat, but be careful, because I have a set that crazes every time I try to clearcoat it.

I have a set of aftermarket headlights on one of my wagons and use LEDs in both. The LEDs make either of them have much brighter output. The OEM units are just fine. If the front lenses are foggy, the same treatment for the rears will work on the fronts.
Back to top Go down
ollie17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:29 am

Nice, I encountered the same problem but I bought a new light cover from 4wheelonline to replace the one in the rear.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:51 pm

I put a pair of eBay specials on mine.

Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:49 pm

^ Have those same lights. Output is fine.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Better than stockers,Ray?
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:15 am

I think so - even the tinted ones. These have casper shields that make the light cutoff much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   

Back to top Go down

Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies
Page 1 of 1