GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEW WF Florida Thread

Go down 
+3
94Woody
Krzdimond
Sprocket
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

NEW WF Florida Thread Empty
PostSubject: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 1:31 pm

New Thread for WF FL 2019.

As mentioned in a previous thread, yours truly will not be at WF FL for 2019 due to another engagement.

THE SHOW MUST GO ON, however, and Adam Haack for ISSF fame and t-shirt/sticker mogul has stepped up to the plate and offered
to reserve 4 of the concrete slabs over by where the SS guys have been parking the last few years. So that's parking for 16 wagons.
One of the reasons we haven't done this in the past is we never know how many will show and don't want to leave anyone out.

That said he will coordinate the spot reservations with the SS guys so everyone is next to one another. For the $25, someone else could reserve another (coordinating with Adam) and the we have 20 wagons secured parking and possibly a couple more from the SS guys.

All that said, Adam asked for additional help for the other parts of the WF FL planning. I only see a couple of areas
1. Hotel - Krzidiamond aka Robert K has been the man on this for the past three years. Talk to him and make it happen
2. BBQ - Fred K has been the steak purveyor last 2-3 years and the cook.
3. BBQ Grille - It's in my garage and someone can come get it and return it that's fine. (I may be able to meet someone on the way up to Tallahassee, but we need to coordinate it)
4. Flamingos - I buy a box of 10 fro Home Depot.com and get them delivered to my local store. Jarrod offered to paint them up for this year, so Someone can order them and get them delivered to Jarrod's HD and he can bring to show. ($30 for 10 of them)

And someone to manage all the other details. It's not hard just look at all my postings for the last 3 or 4 of them for ideas, etc....

Adam will be joining here and adding his 2cents and I will help with info to the best of my ability...

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 7:14 pm

The hotel won't even entertain reservations until after the first of the year. I will harass her then.

As always, the option to move the host hotel is always on the table, we will discuss later as things get closer.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Adam and I will be discussing this at cars and coffee in the morning. Pretty sure we can get it all worked out.

I love the simplicity of this event and would love for it to stay that way.

Changing hotels would not bother me in the slightest. I know some love that quick drive to the show but the hotel is just.....meh.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 8:50 pm

All the other hotels are about the same for the same price. We do get a little discount.

I bring the steaks, but usually the rest of the stuff is coordinated by one of the wives. It seems that the guys have no idea what to get, or how much of it.

The store where I got the steaks has become a Publics, so, I may try a couple of other locations to determine my preference of price/quality value. I usually get 6 oz steaks. I have not purchased sausages, so, bratwursts, or mild Italian sausage may be on the menu, unless someone has another preference.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 10:24 pm

Either is good for food.

Put me down for a spot on one of the slabs.

...we'll see if it happens.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 12:26 pm

I'm sure some will shiver with anticipation,.to see whats on the slab
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 10:15 am

Last year I heavily researched hotels and found a couple ON THE BEACH that were the same price as the Best Western. Me, if I was from up north would love beach front. Hell, I live 5 min from the beach and love beachfront....but the consensus was familiarity, the restaurant, liquor store and proximity to the track and I95 out weighed a beach front hotel with grill facilities by the pool.

Another thing to think of is the Flamingo awards. As I won't be there, I won't be bringing any. They are about $30 for 10 of them and we use 5 every year. I don't have any left as we used the 2nd five this past year. Jarrod (93 Roadyman) on here also said, he'd paint the awards and bring them, but someone needs to buy them and send them to him to paint.....One of you guys can figure the logistics on that one.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 12:47 pm

The flamingos are available on ebay in 10 packs for about $32.66 shipped. https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pack-26-Pink-Flamingos-Plastic-Ornaments-Retro-Statue-Yard-Garden-Lawn-Art/123365912908?hash=item1cb92e714c:g:kx0AAOSw76dbmNjR

I do not remember the liquor store as an issue. Convenience is nice. Ocean front is nice. I prefer convenience, as I live about as close to the water as Sprocket, and I seldom go there. I can see where someone from the interior would like ocean front. If I were going there for a vacation, I would probably go for the ocean front. I am going for the car show, so I like to be near the car show. Would we be allowed to have the cookout at the oceanfront motel, or should we consider having it at the track for lunch if we can not?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 4:43 am

I'll start a poll in a couple of months to see where everyone wants to go for the hotel. Fred, seeing as you are the cook... can you check with the venue and see if we can even bring/use a grill into the track? I vaguely remember seeing something about that.

Also, and this is just my opinion, I would rather have the cookout at night, at the hotel, where drinking is involved.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 am

I do not drink, but it would be much safer to have it in the evening for those who want to imbibe. I think I will can the idea of having the cookout at the track.

Last edited by Fred Kiehl on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 11:41 am

Krzdimond wrote:
I'll start a poll in a couple of months to see where everyone wants to go for the hotel.

Robert, do we really need another poll? From past poles it is overwhelming for the Best Western. It's by the track and restaurants. They also have a great patio for the cookout and most of all, they put up with our nonsense. That's worth a lot. Not interested in driving 5 miles down the road to the beach, that's the last thing that I'm interested in.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW WF Florida Thread   NEW WF Florida Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW WF Florida Thread
Page 1 of 1