GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The old girl did good yesterday!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

The old girl did good yesterday! Empty
PostSubject: The old girl did good yesterday!   The old girl did good yesterday! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 9:41 am

Entered the Caprice in a local car show yesterday (Sat). Approx. 50 cars there of all kinds which were placed in pre 1988 antiques or 1989 and newer for the classic category. Took home a decent 2nd place trophy. Considering it's only been back on the road for about two weeks, and had some significant competition that's not too bad.
One non attendee asked if he could buy my rear window as his '95 Roadmaster's was broken. I gave him my last business card for this site and the name of a local salvage yard that should have one.
A LOT of people seemed to really like the wagon and once they saw the third row seat got big smiles remembering days long ago when they sat back there in their parents wagons (of different makes/models).

Steve
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: The old girl did good yesterday!   The old girl did good yesterday! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 10:51 pm

If the guy can not find a rear glass, i have a couple.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The old girl did good yesterday!   The old girl did good yesterday! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:24 am

Congrats Steve! One of my favorite things about these cars is the stories you hear when folks look at them...and of course all the smiles these make!
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: The old girl did good yesterday!   The old girl did good yesterday! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks! Might be a couple local car get together events in the next week or two, but no actual shows since it's getting too damn cold already.
My daily driver '94 Regal developed a top end noise last night so the Caprice will be what gets me around for a while. Hate to think about road chips when using it as a daily driver but better the Caprice than using my motorcycle!

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The old girl did good yesterday!   The old girl did good yesterday! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The old girl did good yesterday!
Page 1 of 1