GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Owner in Ohio

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
68JCode

New Owner in Ohio Empty
PostSubject: New Owner in Ohio   New Owner in Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 6:51 am

Morning everyone, after lurking around here and posting a couple questions I finally pulled the trigger on a 1995 Caprice.  It has 135K, DCM with Maroon cloth interior.  Has been an Ohio car most of it's life, so definitely not rust free, but not the worst I have seen.  The interior is in very good condition with the exception of a cigarette burn or two and one small tear.  The dash is not cracked, and the headliner is staying up on it's own so far.

The car had an aftermarket hood and bumper in a non-matching color when I bought it.  I found a stock DCM hood and bumper cover in a junkyard and swapped them over

Other than that aftermarket bumper taking 3 times as long as it should to remove, I am loving every minute with the new wagon!
Attachments
New Owner in Ohio Attachment1995 Caprice as purchased Fall 2018.jpg
As purchased
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(72 Kb) Downloaded 34 times
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

New Owner in Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Ohio   New Owner in Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 9:08 am

Nice score! That bumper is pretty ugly, but that hood is sought-after by the B-body folks. I'm sure you can sell both an make a little money back.

Pretty color on that car. Welcome to the forum!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

New Owner in Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Ohio   New Owner in Ohio Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Welcome to the forum. Im digging the hood,but not the bumper cover. Post an after pic when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

New Owner in Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Ohio   New Owner in Ohio Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:06 pm

i will definitely buy the hood and bumper from you
Back to top Go down
68JCode

New Owner in Ohio Empty
PostSubject: After Picture   New Owner in Ohio Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  I am a little confused about the picture posting process, but there should be photo with the stock hood and bumper cover attached to this post.  For better or worse, the clearcoat is about a bad off on these parts as the tops of the original fenders, so it definitely fits the overall look of the car.

Anyone interested in the parts I took off can PM me or they are also on the for sale section of the Dayton, Ohio craigslist under auto parts.

I probably would have kept the hood if the paint matched, I get why people like them.New Owner in Ohio 1995_c10
Back to top Go down
68JCode

New Owner in Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Minor disappointment   New Owner in Ohio Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 5:00 pm

The wagon does have an occasional CEL after it is warmed up. I knew going into this that the '95s were not OBD-II, but now that I have been reading up on how to get the codes, many sources have said the old trick of jumpering the A and B terminal on the ALDL does not work on the 1995's. Any truth to this? I always get a little nervous I am going to fry a PCM using the paperclip. I understand it is not an issue with the RMW since they can pull codes from the auto climate control.

Thanks,

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Kellanium

New Owner in Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Ohio   New Owner in Ohio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 8:23 pm

She's a beaut! Congrats and welcome to the fold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Owner in Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Ohio   New Owner in Ohio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Owner in Ohio
Page 1 of 1