GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello all!

Go down 
+5
81X11
dmg4
Andebe
silverfox103
DeMo94RME
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DeMo94RME

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Hey there. My name is Chris and I am from Atlanta GA. About a month and a half ago I found a 94 Roadmaster Estate with 80k on it for sale. It had been sitting in a covered area for the last nine years. The interior is MINT. It has the window slide issues that plague these big guys but I fixed those myself. Changed the feul pump, i jectors, plugs, wires, optispark, starter, alternator, water pump, thermostat, and PCV. She runs great!! Just did the front shock and tires becauwe they were badly flat spotted. Rears are next but I am having a bit of a challenge getting the original air assist shicks off. The shock bodies are so broad near the bolts it is tough to gwt in rhere but I will make it happen. The ststem works because it will cycle when the fuse is in but the shocks are toast. One bump leaves the rear slowly bobbing for a 1/4mile... It has the tow pack with oil cooler and posi but has never towed anything. Just replaced the cassette deck with modern head unit and all four speakers. Need to add a small powered sub because the space inside is just WAY too big for four speakers. Her name is Roxanne and I get stopped constantly by people to look at it and talk about it. SO much fun to drive!! Hello all! A2f55d10Hello all! A2f55d10

Last edited by DeMo94RME on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Welcome Chris

Sounds like you found a nice wagon and have been busy getting her up to snuff. You're right there is nothing worse than trying to get the top bolts of the shocks. Hate that job.

There is a member here that sells a "U" type bolt, that is used instead of bolts on the top, prevents any future hastle. His name is Bill Harper, not sure of his forum name. My son and his family live in Virginia Highlands in Atlanta. We will be heading down to Saints Simons Island, right after Christmas for the winter. I'm on the hunt to bring a southern car back up north. Had my eyes on a Riviera, but sold before I arrive.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Welcome to the pod,Chris. Happy modding...
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Welcome Chris. That's a nice looking wagon. Once you have the rear shocks done, you'll likely want add a rear sway bar. It makes a world of difference in how these whales handle. Have fun with it, and if you are able to head north in July, the NY Wagonfest draws wagon fans from all over the east.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 8:55 pm

dmg4 wrote:
if you are able to head north in July, the NY Wagonfest draws wagon fans from all over the east.

And North! Also wagons from the South, Midwest and probably the West. I know Western Canada has been represented as well as most of the Provinces of Canada.

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 10:14 am

Welcome! Nice find, has all the good option. Tow pack makes these so much more fun. This is a great forums full of good folks, so if you get stuck, post or search and I bet the answer is here.

Best of luck with the new toy!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
JeffY

JeffY

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 11:16 am

Nice wagon!!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 8:29 am

Hey Chris! I visit Atlanta occasionally, I'll let you know the next time I'm in town! Great car you've got there; throw some leather conditioner on the seats to keep them nice!
Back to top Go down
wrongway

wrongway

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Awesome find!! I will be watching!
Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 12:47 pm

sweet find! When i got my wagon the airride system was toast @ 78K so i had bilsteins installed... i'm at 155K and they're still holding up fine and that's with me often carrying 300-500lb load in the back
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
Sponsored content

Hello all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all!   Hello all! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello all!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Welcome Wagon :: Introductions...-
Jump to: