GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Headliner help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

Headliner help Empty
PostSubject: Headliner help   Headliner help Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:18 pm

I bought some spray adhesive and sprayed the headliner, and the material hanging down by the two back windows. I let both sides tack up per the instructions for 5 minutes, and pushed the material up and secured it to the head liner. Everything looked good, and it stayed. Came out the next morning to find it had dropped back down. I repeated the steps from the previous day, but let it tack a little longer before securing it. Again the next morning it had dropped again. The temps were in the 80s and the humitity was relatively dry. So what gives? Am I doing something wrong? It is an eye sore.

You can see it hanging in this pic

Headliner help DSCI0019
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Headliner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headliner help   Headliner help Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:02 pm

omfg headliners!! aaaaargh!!
i had the same issue,. cleaned both sides with alcohol, even roughed things up,. always the same result,.
I finally used clear silicone,...

Nick
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

Headliner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headliner help   Headliner help Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:15 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
omfg headliners!! aaaaargh!!
i had the same issue,. cleaned both sides with alcohol, even roughed things up,. always the same result,.
I finally used clear silicone,...

Nick
Clear silicone............ Hmmm, that gives me an idea. study Not just for women anymore. Razz

Thanks Nick Wink
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Headliner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headliner help   Headliner help Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:53 pm

You can't just re-spray. The old material has to come off, then ALL the old foam has to come off the board. Your material won't stick unless you get the foam off. For yours where it is just a couple of areas, I would use a hot glue gun.
Back to top Go down
94 LT1 Wagon

94 LT1 Wagon

Headliner help Empty
PostSubject: Glue...   Headliner help Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
You can't just re-spray. The old material has to come off, then ALL the old foam has to come off the board. Your material won't stick unless you get the foam off. For yours where it is just a couple of areas, I would use a hot glue gun.

I agree with this for the most part. But some times removing the foam isn't an option... I've had good luck using 3M glue, it's in a orange can with blue lettering. The loctite stuff isn't as good, don't know which you used but you might try the 3M one next ? Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Headliner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headliner help   Headliner help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headliner help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: