GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corvette seats maybe?

Go down 
+5
94Woody
Fred Kiehl
jayoldschool
Andebe
rauldelp
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rauldelp

rauldelp

Corvette seats maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 2:34 pm

I've been looking for potential seats for the roady for a while now. I would like to find something from the same/similar era so the colors wouldn't be too off.

These showed up in the pick a part in Davie. Came out of a 90-91 Vette and so far are cleaning up nice!

What do y'all think?

Corvette seats maybe? Img_2010

Current plan is to clean them up, and paint the plastic seat buckets to match the seats (ish). Then mount them to the roady's rails.

They are a bit snug around the thighs, but not bad overall!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 4:21 pm

Why not? Be different,go for it. Cool
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 5:06 pm

I love that yard. Best couple bucks you can spend on vacation.

Corvette seats maybe? HPIM1877
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 7:48 pm

If they are close in color, I would leave them alone, and just install them. Refinishing the seats is always a risk. They appear to be in very good condition. Most of the seats in a 90-91 are really ripped up.
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 8:42 pm

I've given them a good cleaning, and once I figure out the mounting, I'll be painting just the plastic base to match the seat. No two-tone. The seat back is already the same color as the seat.

I'm amazed that the only damage is to the driver's side lower bolster where it's worn through the leather a bit. I'll just give that a little filler and touch up, but won't do the rest. It won't look perfect, but I've never had interior paint "stay" on a driver's seat.

Some penetrating oil freed up the hinges, so all seems to be working fine!

Going to pull the passenger seat from the BRW first for testing.

Driver's side and passenger side rails are the same for the wagons? It'd be nice to only have to fab up one adapter twice!

P.S. Any suggestions for a center console?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 9:05 pm

Most folks install a Blazer console.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 pm

The seat frames are the same from side to side. I used some flat 1/8 inch stock, and some 1 inch angle stock to make the adapters for my 6C1 Recaro seats. Try to minimize the thickness of the adapters, or the seats may sit very high. Mine are about 1/4 inch thick, because I had to put cross pieces between the rails, and bolted longitudinal ones on them for the seats to bolt to. I am not sure how thick the Corvette seats are, so that may not be an issue. I also had to extend the rails to the rear so that the seat back is in the same position. I would either put the seat all the way front, and use that as a reference, or all the way back.
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 6:59 pm

They fit!!! Weekend got busy and was only able to mount one of them, but they fit without any real trouble! I did need to move the holes a little, but the bottom plate of the Corvette seats are wide enough to match to the factory b-body holes pretty much! So stoked!

So far, downside is having to lift your rear out of the seat to get over the bolster!

Corvette seats maybe? Img_2011
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 9:07 pm

That's pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 10:08 am

Yep those were always hard to get into and out of, as you were climbing over the seat bolsters and FRAME RAIL in the C4, ha! Hard to find those in that shape as the bolsters are normally shot from sliding over then. They look great!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 10:15 am

Now to find a matching Vette back seat. scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 10:24 am

94Woody wrote:
Most folks install a Blazer console.

I have a tan s10 one with the shifter ready to go, lmk
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 10:39 am

Andebe wrote:
Now to find a matching Vette back seat. scratch lol!

Funny you mention that. The plastic seat backs have notches where knees could potentially go. Makes for much better rear legroom in the b-body. Dunno if chevy was planning a 2+2 corvette , but the later seat backs were all leather and didn't have the notches.
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Both seats are in and I'm digging it! A little small, but fairly comfy and they match the c4 steering wheel!

Corvette seats maybe? Img_2012

I've been test fitting the center console and was wondering how much trimming did you guys do too fit one of these?

Corvette seats maybe? Img_2013
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 7:05 pm

Had a shifterless one with Bonnies and didn't trim anything. didn't even bolt it down as the seats were just wide enough to hold it. That won't work here.....
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 pm

So, the wife decided the c4 seats weren't comfy. Thanks to Karpainter, I now have a set of Bonnies! Couldn't believe how easily they bolted up. Outsides using the factory bolts, inners using the holes in the seats to the factory holes in the roady rails. They feel nice and pass the wifey test.

Corvette seats maybe? Img_2014

So...

Anybody want a set of tan/beige 91 C4 seats?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Nice. Those look much better.
Back to top Go down
monwell

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 4:04 am

Good decision. They look comfier.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 12:31 pm

Yep, the Bonny seats "fit" that car a lot more! Looks Great!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Yeah that's much better. Good work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corvette seats maybe?   Corvette seats maybe? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corvette seats maybe?
Page 1 of 1