GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back vent window latch busted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

Back vent window latch busted  Empty
PostSubject: Back vent window latch busted    Back vent window latch busted  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:04 am

I replaced a back vent window last night and broke the black latch in the process. Can anyone spare a good latch for the back window. I only need the base that attaches to the body. I can post a photo tonight. Stupid happens when I hurry.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Back vent window latch busted    Back vent window latch busted  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:31 pm

I have a complete latch. Both sides are the same. There is a wedge under the car side. Do not try to separate the parts, because the hinge part will break.

i would like $20 shipped.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Back vent window latch busted    Back vent window latch busted  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:41 pm

A large pair of channel lock pliers and the proper size screw makes taking the hinges apart a simple operation.

Back vent window latch busted  N2AXlCw
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Back vent window latch busted    Back vent window latch busted  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:06 pm

englishtown swap is saturday, hope to find some stuff. Got a pair of vent windows at a yard on the way home in September, I popped the hinge off the donor car, tried unsuccessfully to put it back the same way. Busted it. I am picking up a set of x-pipes at the swap, and I have a shopping list.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Back vent window latch busted    Back vent window latch busted  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:31 pm

94Woody wrote:
A large pair of channel lock pliers and the proper size screw makes taking the hinges apart a simple operation.

Back vent window latch busted  N2AXlCw

I believe he is referring to the second joint in the hinge, and it breaks every time an attempt is made to disassemble it at that point.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Back vent window latch busted    Back vent window latch busted  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 5:34 pm

I picked a pair today at a yard on my way home from the englishtown swap. Found a very picked over 93 that still had the vent glass
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Back vent window latch busted    Back vent window latch busted  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 6:06 pm

THe trim piece that won't come off by the base, I just slit it in the back where you won't see it and then slipped it off. Way easier than messing with the hinges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back vent window latch busted    Back vent window latch busted  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back vent window latch busted
Page 1 of 1