GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exhaust leak under drivers feet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
68JCode

Exhaust leak under drivers feet Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust leak under drivers feet   Exhaust leak under drivers feet Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 8:26 pm

I've got an exhaust leak on my '95 Caprice Wagon where the drivers side converter exits (attached picture I stole from someone elses post - my car is much less clean).

It appears to be the factory joint, but I can't really tell how it seals from looking at it assembled - is there a donut gasket in there somewhere?  I just want to have some idea how to fix it before I disassemble.

Thanks,

Andrew

Exhaust leak under drivers feet Capric10
Attachments
Exhaust leak under drivers feet AttachmentCaprice Exhaust Cropped.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(36 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust leak under drivers feet   Exhaust leak under drivers feet Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 8:44 pm

No gaskets, that is metal to metal.
Back to top Go down
68JCode

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust leak under drivers feet   Exhaust leak under drivers feet Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Sounds like bad news for me, if there is no gasket to fail, perhaps the pipes in the area of the joint have corroded enough to allow it to leak...
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust leak under drivers feet   Exhaust leak under drivers feet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 1:09 pm

You might want to check where the ball and the sockets were formed from the seamed tubing used to form the pipes at the factory. Sometimes there is a ridge that can be carefully removed to provide a smooth sealing surface.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust leak under drivers feet   Exhaust leak under drivers feet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust leak under drivers feet
Page 1 of 1