GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who's in full wagonfest mode?

Go down 
+16
phantom 309
a1awind
DBeaSSt
scoob8000
mtrhead79
toomanytoyz
JaySS
lakeffect
BigBlackBeaSSt
Big Pimpin'
95BRMW
silverfox103
Cadet57
sherlock9c1
Krzdimond
Sprocket
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Who's in full wagonfest mode? Empty
PostSubject: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:29 pm

I'm now officially in full FEST mode. On vacation till Wed the 4th and have one thing on my mind.

Leaving tomorrow and taking the scenic route. Will get to Seneca either Thurs nite or fairly early Friday.
Updates and gratuitous wagon photos are to be expected.

So chime in when you hit fest mode.

Prior to departure tomorrow, need to vac and clean inside of car, swap rims/tires for the better set on the other OCC, pick out the proper cassette tapes for the ride (kids are going to HATE the 80s Baw Haw Haw!!!!) and change the oil in the wifes 94 RMW (4K on it since end of June)

Considering I work 6 days a week, it's hard to believe that two weeks ago I started with a leaky axle seal, No Ac and then a fuel pump issue....
Who's in full wagonfest mode? 101_0113

And now I'm going to jump in a car I have put about 250 miles on and spin up well over 3K in a week.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Satellite radio. I will NEVER go back to terrestrial radio again.

Put those tapes to bed. They've earned it.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:39 pm

I still have like 250 tapes. they are getting a swan song workout, lmao.

Maybe as I play each one, i'll throw them out. we shall see.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:09 pm

I was supposed to take the wagon to get some parts for my 9C1. But when it started on 7 cylinders and was down to 5 cylinders by the time I got out of the neighborhood, I had to turn around and coax it home. Looks like I'll be doing the opti NOW.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Now that I am officially going again. I am. Between work this week I need to find time to finish cleaning up the wagon, doing the window rollers on one window and change the diff cover and gasket, I'm not up to a 300 mile trip with a leaking differential.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi Sprocket

Do you need some tapes for the ride back? I have probably 100, maybe more. I would love to find them a new home.

Satellite radio is ready to go!

Drive safe, see you next week.

Tom

Last edited by silverfox103 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:59 pm

The race is on to get all the stuff I didn't have time to do on the wagon done this week. What started out as a simple caliper replacement turned into a full blown brake job. Most of the thanks goes to the guy who put civilian calipers on my 1A2 without me knowing, so now I need to order another caliper. I finally came to that realization after pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my new brake pads wouldn't fit on the side that didn't need a caliper!
Back to top Go down
Big Pimpin'

Big Pimpin'

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:32 pm

Full Wagonfest mode engaged here.

Finally pulled the pin and decided to register this morning. I've been cleaning and tinkering with the car all day. We're leaving home on Monday and working in a romantic getaway for our 10th wedding anniversary as well as a family vacation before arriving in Waterloo on friday.

See you there.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:50 am

I am in scramble mode myself.

*Finally round some vinyl to replace the black on my rear quarter.
*Found some good chrome for the front molding and replaced.
*Pulled the servo out of the tranny and put the Sonnax springs and seals in (and it still works).
*Almost done polishing an extra set of trim for another Fester.......
*Drop the car off on Sunday to get this work done:
Who's in full wagonfest mode? SAM_1214
*If I gets out of the paint booth in time I hope to install the center console and new seats on Weds night and Thursday (with a little help from 200OZ).
*I wish I had time to install the roller lifters I just bought off of ebay.....

Tim
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:43 am

Wagonstress mode in full swing. Working on a detail today (TRASHED minivan), I have 2 completes tomorrow, and I have to tighten up some things on Tues. Leave Wed. There is not enough time to do what I want.........
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 am

Off on vaction this week ..a gig to play at on Sunday 07/25/10 , then I'm on vacation all week...

Working on the new custom center console for Shammoo. the center of the cr is gutted at the moment and the jig saw is making sawdust! trying to get the front section of the interior at least cleaned up if not workable, but I'm still a lot of $$$ short for the Audio system. I'm laying out the dash component side of things at least. Got a Kicker KQ9 EQ unit on the way and will lay out wiring to rear amps this week. Amps subs & footwell pods will have to come later on... there's always winter for that!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:42 am

shoveling a sandwich in my mouth while my boy is out vacuuming out the dog hair (PO had a white dog in cloth maroon interior). Just finished the rim/tire swap from the other OCC (put the better set of tires but the rims are not as nice) onto the Cruisemobile, changed the oil in my wifes RMW (she just round tripped to Austin, TX in it and rolled 4K in about 3.5 weeks!)

Just need to load it up and go. Gotta figure out somewhere along the way to detail it (thinking Friday at the Micro-Tel), no time and I need to get on the road this afternoon to achieve my busy schedule.
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 am

My wagon is still on jackstands with no brakes.

Spindles or axles either... pale

- J
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 am

JaySS wrote:
My wagon is still on jackstands with no brakes.

Spindles or axles either... pale

- J

Chris, Jay needs a ride!!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:36 am

I should be, but I'm not! Still haven't done anything!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:38 am

toomanytoyz wrote:

Lazy! Wink

Then again, here I am still finishing my morning coffee contemplating going out to finish painting my hood. I'll probably just do it late thursday or friday while my friend is on his way over Laughing
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:16 pm

inner fenders coming out today to get powdercoated, the coolant drain for opti replacement, new front brakes and rotors, fix a few other things...
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:03 pm

i am tring to tie up things still putting my wheel wells in i used my oven for powder coating some brackets. it always pisses my wife off but she is getting use to it slowly
Who's in full wagonfest mode? 16a1sld
Who's in full wagonfest mode? 73dz7o
Who's in full wagonfest mode? 2m31is1
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
scoob8000

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Dude, that stuff gives off toxic fumes when it cures!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:34 pm

scoob8000 wrote:
Dude, that stuff gives off toxic fumes when it cures!

John,

Its time to get an extra oven for the garage!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:44 pm

i clean oven when done. but that my explain why the kids have 3 eyes like the fish on simpsons. i had a spare oven when i rented a garage. my garage is packed would not fit. tim sounds like you will be busy this week.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

Lazy! Wink

Not lazy. Well, not completely lazy... I've just had so much other crap going on that I haven't had time. Today was my definate "gonna put it back together" day, but my wife had other ideas... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:44 pm

And I've been trying to sell my extra oven....hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm gone and on the road. 300 miles down only 1200 more to go, lol.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:25 pm

I have a goal this year at WagonFest and that is: bring back less than I'm bringing over. It's not easy to do.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:48 pm

I am FINALLY working on the wagon!!!! Got out in the garage at about 9pm. Man... I have so much to do!!! Got a little done, but not enough!

I found a few parts I need though. Gonna post over in that thread... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:22 am

silverfox103 wrote:
I have a goal this year at WagonFest and that is: bring back less than I'm bringing over. It's not easy to do.

Tom C.

you must be bringing alot of stuff with you then!!!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:03 am

Sprocket wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:

Tom C.

you must be bringing alot of stuff with you then!!!

Not enough I am sure...........
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:25 am

Going over: seats, rug, cargo panels, misc. & wife

Returning: console, wheels / tires, hubcaps, possibly additional set of rims & maybe wife. I suppose I could always bungee cord her to the racks.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:12 pm

replaced the wheel wells this is not bad is it ?
Who's in full wagonfest mode? 15p1fgw
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Ouch! I guess it's not bad depending on your definition of "bad" Wink

I won't be in full WF mode until I realize sometime Wednesday that I need to pack.

Shirts arrive here tomorrow though. Sorting time, yay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:59 pm

OBDI conversion done. Throttle response id MUCH better, no more "bogging down" at WOT, though the trans shifts softer. No more shake/miss at idle in gear and the downshifting is faster; although the shifts are smoother. Used to go from an intersection to a railroad track and get to 55-57 at the track. Got to 70 with the OBDI, but I think the speedo is off by a bunch because of the shorter SS wheels......

Fried another inverter for the fuel rails. Still no lights. Maybe someone there can help wire this thing properly.....
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Worked on it all friggin day today! Am I getting closer???

Who's in full wagonfest mode? Messy1

Who's in full wagonfest mode? Messy2

Heading back out to the garage now... Ugh.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Damn thats ambitious! I thought I was in over my head with all my delayed maintence I am trying to finish!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:30 pm

You have plenty of time to put all hat back together!!!! It'll look great I'm sure.

Now in Virginia.....Saw 4 b-body wagons today.

Krzidimond's in Savannah, 94x2's DCM and Black woody (with 293K! in NC) thanks again!!!, and a boxy Custom Cruiser on I-95. As for sedans, I saw about half a dozen or so Caprice's and two Roadie sedans.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Well if Crovo's posting pictures..

Somebody told me that once your inner fenders get real rusty, it's just easier to do a brake job going in through the top...
Who's in full wagonfest mode? Engine_bay

Then we took a break to go see this 36-cylinder, quad-turbocharged monster:
Who's in full wagonfest mode? B17_1

Now, finally to the brakes. Woah, maybe this is why I was getting a gear sensation on the brakes? These are probably the original rotors. Syracuse winters really kill rotors.
Who's in full wagonfest mode? Rotor_1
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:28 pm

was that B-17 from the Collin's foundation?
Awesome piece of machinery, I've been buzzed by theirs while surfing. Nothing like a b-17 followed a minute later by a B-24 about 75 feet off the deck on the water......and there was magazine quality surf that day.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:25 am

I was with the kids years ago, out picking our Halloween pumpkins, and got buzzed by a B1B using the farm's silo as a target points.

I'm not saving it scared us, but I had to change my diaper and give the kids a stiff drink immediately afterward.

Who's in full wagonfest mode? ACPHOTO265%208X7
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:33 am

lakeffect wrote:
I'm not saving it scared us, but I had to change my diaper and give the kids a stiff drink immediately afterward.

LOL! lol!

That's funneh rawght dere, I doan care who you are, dass funneh!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:03 am

It was the Liberty Belle, from the www.libertyfoundation.org.

Who's in full wagonfest mode? Header-home
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:52 am

Just when I thought I fixed one leak, another appears! I finished replacing a rotted out freeze plug, only to notice when the engine is running the output shaft seal is leaking! And my new caliper is still not in yet Mad
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:51 pm

Lookin' good, Tim! That's a positive sign! Smile

I have my interior back together. Mostly. New black carpet. New front seats (& redone rears). All stereo wiring. DVD player installed . Sub in custom enclosure and amp. Headrest TV's. Doing front and rear speakers tomorrow. Then I need to clean it up! I also plan on painting the rocker panels body color (or as close to that as Rustoleum Gloss White is Wink) and detailing the outside, too. Very Happy

I may actually have this done in time!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Crovo, you getting rid of any speakers? Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

I'll have the stockers... But nothing good. You can have them if you want, but I was just gonna toss 'em in the trash...
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:55 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

I'll have the stockers... But nothing good. You can have them if you want, but I was just gonna toss 'em in the trash...

Naa. Thanks thou. I gotta get around to doing mine, the fronts are on borrowed time. What sizes did you say fit?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:57 pm

6x9's in back and you have 4x6's in the front doors. But you can easily do a 6.5 up front.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:18 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
6x9's in back and you have 4x6's in the front doors. But you can easily do a 6.5 up front.

Coo. Thx. Any recommendations for speakers? Never bought any before. I was just gonna do kenwoods as I have a deck by them and love it.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Front of the engine came apart today. Water pump is shot - half the ball bearings are gone. Water pump had been leaking on the opti for some time - the opti housing was a shade of rusty orange on the outside.

I'm surprised this car even entered the garage under its own power. Coil wire corroded on both ends. Opti sensor harness completely corroded (haven't figured out why yet since I sealed the outer end with heat-shrink!), #8 spark plug wire corroded at the opti terminal, oil leaks from both water pump and opti drive seals, yuck!

Installed "new" junkyard brake rotors and repacked the bearings. I'm glad I only have to do this every 30k.

Goal is to have the front end of the motor buttoned up by end of tonight, then I've gotta do a few interior fixup projects.

Speakers: Go with what you like in terms of sound. Pioneers always sound good by me. I had a bad Audiobahn 6x9 and a very expensive Kenwood deck died on me a few years ago and I'm still leery of them.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Got most of my stuff done. Finally got my new caliper, replaced the front calipers, pads, rotors and bearings. Its amazing how well the car stops now! Now I just have to replace the output shaft seal and I can move onto cleaning!
Who's in full wagonfest mode? 265597040_photobucket_1587_
Who's in full wagonfest mode? 265597040_photobucket_1588_
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:34 am

Packing up the laptop.... leaving in 30 min. Geneva or bust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's in full wagonfest mode?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next