GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First drive today!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

First drive today!  Empty
PostSubject: First drive today!    First drive today!  Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 8:02 pm

After redoing the fuel system to get the car running, changing the rear gear oil, and then doing the brakes, we took the wagon for it's first spin around the neighborhood today! Very Happy
There was a little bit of clunking from the rear while maneuvering out of the garage and in the driveway. I'm guessing the limited slip was sticking since it hasn't moved in 14-15 years. Went down the street to the cul-de-sac and did a few circles in both directions and it felt good and no noises.
Only got up to 35-40mph, didn't want to push it too much on the 14-15 year old tires that are very low on air! Trans shifts smoothly, the engine feels good and the brakes feel good!

Next up is flushing the cooling system, changing the hoses and then getting the new tires mounted, getting the car inspected and registered.

Cool
Back to top Go down
jon7190

jon7190

PostSubject: Re: First drive today!    First drive today!  Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 5:06 pm

Congrats! Hope you go faster soon!
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: First drive today!    First drive today!  Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 7:31 pm

Thanks!

Had it up to 50-55 today! The old tires felt really bad! But the rest of the car feels great!
Our buddy had an opening in the shop so I drove it over there to get the tires installed, inspection done and get the ac recharged. Should have it back in a day or two...
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: First drive today!    First drive today!  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Got the car back yesterday. New tires installed, a/c charged up and the state inspection done. She will most likely get it registered on Monday.

The wife spent a couple hours giving the car it's first wash in who knows how long! Looks like a new vehicle!

First drive today!  UlZl8G5l
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: First drive today!    First drive today!  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 6:26 pm

I hope you put the posi additive in. I assume you did, given your credentials. Kinda fun follwing you here and seeing your wife's posts on FB. I was just in Raleigh last weekend. Had I known you were there and I had more time I would have let you know, but I'm up there pretty much every Memorial Day weekend. Maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: First drive today!    First drive today!  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 6:27 pm

Does the Cutlass have the swivel buckets?
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: First drive today!    First drive today!  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 8:46 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Does the Cutlass have the swivel buckets?

No swivels just regular buckets in the Cutlass.

Yes I put in the GM posi additive, wife bought it from the Chevy dealer.

Sounds like a plan for next year! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First drive today!    First drive today!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First drive today!
Page 1 of 1