GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Returning to the forum

Go down 
+2
JoeT
awild
6 posters
AuthorMessage
awild

awild

Returning to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Returning to the forum   Returning to the forum Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Hey guys,

I had two '96 RMWs a few of years ago, and frequently read the forum but rarely posted. I'm now in a much better place now (Los Angeles and a garage vs Chicago and street parking) to take care of one of these wagons in the way they deserve, so I bought a '94 RMW a few weeks ago:
Returning to the forum Img-2110

It has a few minor issues that need attention, but overall it's in very good mechanical condition with just under 80,000 miles. Just finished working on the infamous front door panels, which are now rattle-free and have working window regulators (new rollers and motors). Posts on this forum by 81X11 and Fred Kiehl were extremely helpful.

Looking forward to being a more active member here. Thanks for all the help so far!
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the forum   Returning to the forum Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 6:19 pm

Welcome back. Great looking Roadie!
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the forum   Returning to the forum Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 8:47 pm

nice looking Buick!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the forum   Returning to the forum Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 6:17 pm

Welcome home. As it's a 94 make sure the aux battery post is brass and NOT aluminum. If it is, go to your nearest junkyard and get a brass one. Only 94 were not brass and it's a fire hazard. It's not hard but you have to pull the whole relay box it's mounted to get at it to swap out. I would just pull the whole relay panel from a 95 or 96 and then figure out how to get the brass post off and then swap it in to the 94. The relay boxes may or may not be the same, not sure, always swapped the post (3 times now)...

Nice ride, I just scored a 70K Caprice wagon a few months back
Back to top Go down
awild

awild

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the forum   Returning to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 am

Thanks for the welcome messages!
Sprocket, I'll definitely replace the aux post - appreciate the warning. What's the range of cars that will work as a donor? will a '95 or '96 Roadmaster sedan or Caprice do? any others?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the forum   Returning to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 9:19 am

Nice touch with the trim...Subtle.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the forum   Returning to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 10:52 am

Took me a minute to see why it looked different. White trim, never seen that look before.

I live 94's a lot...a little old, a little new, and a lotta motor!

Enjoy it!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
awild

awild

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the forum   Returning to the forum Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 2:01 am

Yeah, it's the first time I've seen white trim too. It looked off to me at first, but I quite like it now. And the '94... coming from 96s, I miss the functionality of the bigger mirrors, but I do really like the old school look of the smaller ones.

Drives like a dream!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning to the forum   Returning to the forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning to the forum
Page 1 of 1